Will you watch/buy Penguins products?

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
I just scratched buying the Pens all white Disco Dan leisure suit off my list.

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
I'll still watch but I'm unsure of whether I will buy any merch. If HCDB stays then I'm not spending a cent. If he goes then I'd have to think about it.

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
Based on the news that broke today, what say you? How can any fan spend a dime on this joke of a franchise? Explain. Vote.

Yes/No?

At the end of the day, it's a game. I spend several hours a week watching a product. For the most part, that product is entertaining. There's times it's not (or there's a crappy team they're playing) and then I decide whether it's worth my time or not (frequently I'll PVR it, and decide later depending on what I have on the go).

I've wanted Bylsma gone for some time now (and with Shero gone I can't see Bylsma not getting the axe as well), and while I was hoping that Shero was canned, I wasn't going to get my hopes up that it would happen. But I fail to see how this can't be taken as a positive from anyone who's been complaining about the team and the direction the GM choose to take in the past.

Last edited by a moderator:

Uemoda

Formerly OminousGrey
Jun 28, 2011
Pennsylvania
www.twitter.com
Yes. For better or worse, it's in my blood.

Though I certainly won't pay for tickets to see Bylsma coach. And there's no guarantee I won't turn the TV out of frustration, either.

That said, I still expect Bylsma to get the boot.

Sidgeni Malkby

Nov 19, 2008
NJ
I'll keep watching and buying.

What surprised me is 1/3 of the pollsters here said no. Are we looking at another bankruptcy after the Crosby/Malkin era is over?

plenewken

May 1, 2010
The only way Penguins ownership will react is if their fans hit them where it hurts, and that's their wallet so I won't buy a single piece of Penguins merchandise until the "product" they want me to support is worth some of my hard earned money.

OilerPensfan97

Feb 27, 2014
Saint John, NB
Absolutely. I wish the Pens would just pick up their game, it's frustrating to see them losing out every year. However, I don't cheer for a team, because they win all the time. I cheer for my teams, because I like them and am loyal to their fanbases.

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
If Bottlerocket is retained and Bylsma is retained thereafter, not a chance. Will cancel my DirecTV subscription, sure as hell will not buy merchandise or tickets when Pens are in town, and will watch the Hawks for free. At least it's a smartly run organization.

If we get a legit GM candidate like Benning, and he gets rid of the scouts and hires a decent coach (even Trotz would suffice over Bylsma, although not my first choice), then I'm onboard for whatever ups and downs happen next.

Simple as that.

Fire Shero*

I'm 30 years old so I don't buy any merchandise really.

But if I did, I would continue to. Depending on this off-season, I might become more inclined to do so. If the GM doesn't sit on his thumbs all summer and actually goes out and finds a true top 6 winger, then I would more likely to buy.

Duffy13

‎(ノಥ益ಥ)ノ ┻━┻
Feb 16, 2013
PEI, Canada
I will, I don't buy a lot of stuff, but when I take a notion to I don't care how the team is playing, or who is running it and how. I lived through the Pre-Lemieux years, and the Dark Years, and they'll always be the team I look for when I want a new NHL hat, shirt, or whatever.

I don't buy enough merch to cause any sort of a dent when it comes to making a statement about the quality on the ice, so if I stage a protest it'll go unnoticed lol

Jules Winnfield

Fleurymanbad
Mar 19, 2010
If a new GM comes in and keeps Bylsma, I'm giving up my season tickets. I am done with being emotionally and financially invested with a team where you already know what the results are going to be.

I can't take another season of watching Adams get increased ice time when he's one of the worst NHL players, us trying to get to our game, or DB's blatant lies or outright ignorance to the fans of this team with the **** he says to the media.

I've talked to several friends who are also STHs as well and we have all agreed that if DB is brought back we aren't renewing for next year. In the past 4 years, our tickets have doubled in price for what we've been charged. Bringing DB back and expecting us to pay for the same old **** show again is a slap in the face to every paying fan of this team.

clefty

Retrovertigo
Dec 24, 2003
Visit site
I hope you people realize that when you buy merchandise, unless you buy it direct from the Penguins store at Consol, the profits go to all 30 teams.

Times like these you find out who has been fans for longer than the Crosby draft lottery or the 09 Cup and actually seen some actual, real adversity hit this team.

But bring it on, I say. Cut the fat. The kind of people who would stop watching over this aren't people who you want as fans anyway. I don't know why fans of this team have such a hard time taking things in stride and keeping a level head.

Penguinzilla*

Right now I will say that if Byslma is back I will not. However, I'm sure when the season I will anyway.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
If Bylsma is back next year, I won't. If the organization doesn't care about the team, why should I?

Agreed with this. IMO, if ownership doesn't care about actually winning Cups and improving upon these recent playoff failures, I'm not going to spend time or money on this franchise until they show they do.

I'm not going to change teams or cheer for another club or anything like that. The Pens will still remain my team. I just won't devote my time into a team that I find more frustrating than entertaining with Bylsma as coach like I have been.

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
If a new GM comes in and keeps Bylsma, I'm giving up my season tickets. I am done with being emotionally and financially invested with a team where you already know what the results are going to be.

I can't take another season of watching Adams get increased ice time when he's one of the worst NHL players, us trying to get to our game, or DB's blatant lies or outright ignorance to the fans of this team with the **** he says to the media.

I've talked to several friends who are also STHs as well and we have all agreed that if DB is brought back we aren't renewing for next year. In the past 4 years, our tickets have doubled in price for what we've been charged. Bringing DB back and expecting us to pay for the same old **** show again is a slap in the face to every paying fan of this team.

In '96, right after Mario retired (the first time), our family's ST prices essentially doubled, as they repriced seats based on center ice position - as opposed to A-E level. That was after being STH for +/-20 years. Just too rich for our wallets, especially when the top drawing card was gone. Anyway, the Penguin corporate "entity" really didn't care then and probably doesn't care now about individual ST holders (notwithstanding the players delivering tickets stuff).

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
Agreed with this. IMO, if ownership doesn't care about actually winning Cups and improving upon these recent playoff failures, I'm not going to spend time or money on this franchise until they show they do.

I'm not going to change teams or cheer for another club or anything like that. The Pens will still remain my team. I just won't devote my time into a team that I find more frustrating than entertaining with Bylsma as coach like I have been.

Agreed. I'll always be a Penguins fan, I don't know how not to be really.

But if Bylsma is still here, I just can't monetarily support something that pisses me off.

Tacticalpanic

Apr 30, 2012
14 teams a year don't even get to see there team play terrible in the playoffs , think about that for a moment.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
So the lazy and bad play is insulting to the 14 other teams who don't make it? Especially the ones who almost made it.

I can handle a team being bad, I can't handle a team willingly making themselves worse for a dumbass reason. Bylsma staying is one of those scenarios.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad