Speculation: Will you treat this as the 37-46 farewell tour?

Do you think this is the last year in the NHL for

• Bergeron

Votes: 3 4.4%
  • Krejci

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Both

Votes: 48 70.6%
  • Neither will retire after this year

Votes: 16 23.5%

• Total voters

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
This needs to be the last tour.

They've been given a lot of chances.

I'm happy to watch them ride into the sunset, maybe they'll defy odds and bring the cup home again. My heart says they can do it, but my head is a bit torn.

But organizationally, they really NEED to move forward at some point.

We can't be having these "will they or won't be" charades every off season.

That said, yes I'm happy for them, and will make it a point to go to one last in person game this season, but I also do not want to be saying, "ok one more last try" again next off season.

JerseyBruin

May 29, 2019
I thought just the opposite. Bergy had a great season (and won yet another Selke)
Bergy with his great defensive play and face off skills would slot in very nicely as a 2nd line Center in 2024 if he wants to continue to play.

Reactions: Ladyfan

Bradely

Sep 17, 2021
One thing sure, they are closer to their last year than to a decade!!! I will go and appreciate every moment considering this might be their last NHL journey!.

Reactions: BMC

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
This needs to be the last tour.

They've been given a lot of chances.

I'm happy to watch them ride into the sunset, maybe they'll defy odds and bring the cup home again. My heart says they can do it, but my head is a bit torn.

But organizationally, they really NEED to move forward at some point.

We can't be having these "will they or won't be" charades every off season.

That said, yes I'm happy for them, and will make it a point to go to one last in person game this season, but I also do not want to be saying, "ok one more last try" again next off season.
Why not? If they play well why wouldn’t we want them back?

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home

294BE591-FC18-4DF1-AB62-CAED76B2FD64.jpeg

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
No idea. Both players are competitors. Not easy to walk away from that, especially if they are still playing great hockey and feeling healthy. Can't ignore the tight-knit bonds these guys share with their teammates either. Hard to walk away from that as well. Wouldn't be shocked to see them come back for 2023-24. Also wouldn't be shocked to see one or both retire after this season. I do know one thing for certain -- I will be rooting wicked hard for this group to win the Cup. Might be a while before the Bs have a roster as good as the one for 2022-23.

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
No, but I think I will try to get to Boston to see a game this season all the same, hopefully once Marchand and McAvoy are back. I've never seen them play in the Bergeron era.

Reactions: Bradely and Ladyfan

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
Yes because I’m going to savor every moment and go in thinking this so I don’t get my heartbroken and expect it to end. I also think if they win a cup they definitely retire, and that is exactly what I want.

everett rats

Oct 13, 2017
I live in Ontario and will be attending both games in Ottawa with the assumption it will be their last. What do you think? It feels like neither player would announce it during the year to create a distraction for the team.

Should we assume we have to say goodbye now?
No they will definitely come back again next season

WestCoastBruinsFan

Oct 30, 2008
Victoria, BC
I voted that they will both return for one more year. It is really hard to say and I was a little surprised that it seemed to take Bergy so long to decide. Having said that, you have to treat this year like it will be their last.

Mathews28

Nov 24, 2008
Connecticut
Who knows, other than them of course. Their return this year could have easily been discussed before krejci even left for Czech, just like they talk about their families, their dogs, their favorite cities, food and beer, who the biggest ahole in the NHL is, what refs are the worst,

Fans and the media often like to think they know or aren't hesitant to put forth their theories as if they do know...but they usually don't know jack sh*t.

Is anyone here who voted that both will retire running out to buy B's-Caps tix for 4/11/23 in case they don't make the playoffs?

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
Please let me know if you come! I would love to say hello

Will do LF. Would be nice to connect with some HF-ers if I do. I guess Buffalo and Ottawa are also possibilities (my gf's daughter has a place in Ottawa), but it'd be great to catch a game at the Garden. Damn near impossible to get tickets when they're in town to play the Leafs.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Will do LF. Would be nice to connect with some HF-ers if I do. I guess Buffalo and Ottawa are also possibilities (my gf's daughter has a place in Ottawa), but it'd be great to catch a game at the Garden. Damn near impossible to get tickets when they're in town to play the Leafs.
My daughter and I are thinking of going to a game in Montreal in April.

Probably will drive there. I have been to Montreal twice but not to a game.

@DKH is at many of the games in Boston too.

Last edited:

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
No, but I think I will try to get to Boston to see a game this season all the same, hopefully once Marchand and McAvoy are back. I've never seen them play in the Bergeron era.
My 13 yr old daughter has been bugging me for 24 hours for Bruins tix this season since she heard Bergeron and Krejci signed. I’ve taken her to games since she was 3 she loves it. Her favorite moment was randomly meeting Terry O’Reilly & his wife on an elevator after a game. She was a big Lucic fan so of course I discussed O’Reilly & Neely who were THE power forwards here long before Lucic. O’Reilly was great he even posed with us for pics

Last edited:

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
My 13 yr old daughter has been bugging me for 24 hours for Bruins tix this season since she heard Bergeron and Krejci signed. I’ve taken her to games since she was 3 she loves it. Her favorite moment was randomly meeting Terry O’Reilly & his wife on an elevator after a game. She was a big Lucic fan so of course I discussed O’Reilly & Neely who were THE power forwards king before Lucic. O’Reilly was great he even posed with us for pics
She is a good one! Looch is also a favorite of mine. Maybe bring her to a game when Looch is in town...unless he is playing for the Bs :sarcasm:, then any game!

Reactions: Oates2Neely

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
Why not? If they play well why wouldn’t we want them back?
I mean... sure. But eventually, we gotta move on. Bergeron and Krejci have talked about retirement and even this season was up in the air. Eventually, I'd like to start planning for the next core.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad