Speculation: Will you treat this as the 37-46 farewell tour?

Do you think this is the last year in the NHL for

• Bergeron

Votes: 3 4.4%
  • Krejci

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Both

Votes: 48 70.6%
  • Neither will retire after this year

Votes: 16 23.5%

• Total voters

goldnblack

Jun 24, 2020
I live in Ontario and will be attending both games in Ottawa with the assumption it will be their last. What do you think? It feels like neither player would announce it during the year to create a distraction for the team.

Should we assume we have to say goodbye now?

DiggityDog

2 Minutes for Ruffing
Nov 2, 2019
One last run for better or worse.

Next few are going to be less than great so might as well enjoy it

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
Depends on how things unfold.

With the ability to fit the bonuses in under this year's cap if they move out (a) piece(s), they could theoretically bring them back again next season.

If things go off the rails at any point, and it looks like this is the end, then the last handful of regular season games take on different meaning.

I suppose another possibility is that they find themselves out of it and one or both WANT a chance to go win another ring and get dealt.

Supposing they make the playoffs, there would be plenty of time in the handshake line and after to speculate as to the future.

Or, maybe it ends in a parade?

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
I live in Ontario and will be attending both games in Ottawa with the assumption it will be their last. What do you think? It feels like neither player would announce it during the year to create a distraction for the team.

Should we assume we have to say goodbye now?

Yes.

Enjoy it while it lasts.

And show these two the love they deserve.

I've said this before, but often in this town we don't appreciate great players until they're gone. Appreciate what Patrice and David have done for the organization, what they've given us fans. And let them know it.

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
yep.
and I will savor every moment. Regardless of score or standings.
F739F101-DC73-4C37-AB08-EE34BCC42B18.jpeg

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
I think so. With the two of them back together, when for some time the possibility of that seemed quite remote, it would just be fitting for them to now finish together after one last ride.

Could they both keep playing on? Purely on form and ability, probably. But just because you can doesn't mean you should. It would be up to them of course, but just personally I do think athletes are better to go out while they've still got just a little left in the tank, rather than finish deep in decline. So I'm certainly assuming this is it, and I'll appreciate it accordingly.

And I'm finally going to go ahead and buy the 46 jersey I should have purchased long ago.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
I'll treat this season like the last spin for 37/46. If it doesn't end up being their last season then great. For me though I'm going to just enjoy this next season. I wish I had that chance to really just enjoy Rask's final season but the stars didn't align. You always hear people say "I miss watching (insert player)" and I know that the time is coming when I'll be saying that about Bergy.

There will never be another Bergeron. I've never believed in athletes as role models but Bergeron is the exception to that rule. He's not just a special player but a special human being.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
Not thinking about it being their last season, even if it may end up being.

That being said, even though I’ve always loved watching them play, I’m going to savour every moment we get them this season more than I ever have. And I am zen with whatever the results will be.

I’m just so happy they’re back and giving us this opportunity to cheer for them again.

Bread and Circuses

Smile and wave.
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2010
Somewhere in the middle
So I do not live near Boston and in the grand scheme of things rarely get to see the B's play in person.

I also have yet to bring my daughter to a game.

This year the B's are playing twice in 5 days in NJ and I cannot tell you how happy I am that my daughter will have an opportunity to see 37 & 46 in person. I mean we were going to both games regardless but the fact that these guys are back for at least one more year makes it that much more special to me.

I'm so pumped for this I am actually going to purchase the tickets as soon as they go on sale later this week, which I have never done, ever. I always waited until just before games to snag seats for a good deal, I am not taking a chance with these games as they are during the holiday season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad