Will the Wings have a top 10 pick this time next year

The Lucky Pucks

Apr 29, 2017
Not sure if this question has been beaten to death already, if not where do you see us finishing the season? Will we acquire any top free agents and do you see us having several top 10 picks in the foreseeable future?

Goalie guy

Jul 8, 2011
Taylor MI
And the funny part is they will **** that one up as well! We are stuck in a never ending cycle of KH bad moves for years to come.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Bring on the losses. Every year Holland and Company stay here is another year of damage to the future. I just really hope they don't find a way to wiggle around enough salary cap space to add yet another veteran forward who, at best, will yield a mid round pick at the deadline, and at worst, will be one more corpse on the pile of skeletons that are the bad contracts this franchise has grown to love.

But to better answer the original question: I think it will be very difficult for Detroit to avoid a top 10 pick in the 2018 draft. And 2019.

Marky9er

Jan 30, 2008
There's no way there are 12 worse teams. There's a decent chance that you can scratch Arizona from being likely to be worse.

Yeah but it's just our luck 3 teams leapfrog us in the lottery. We are in the running for worst team in the east, no doubt.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Philly got #2 by finishing 13th worst, so bottoming out is no guarentee of a great pick. We finished 6th worst and still only got 9th. We saw the last two years how boring it is to watch a lower ranked team play, it sucks. I would rather the Wings, slowly change out the negative contracts and play to win, then watch boring hockey with the hopes we get a top 3 pick.

Hckytwn

Don't do it Kenny...
Jul 9, 2010
Seattle, WA
Probably, but does it matter?

Consider we could have Chychrun and Vilardi in our organization right now. Really, think about that.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
I'm hoping we do, but I have a bad feeling the Wings are going to find a way to push themselves out of the top10.

There's no way there are 12 worse teams. There's a decent chance that you can scratch Arizona from being likely to be worse.

maybe not worst, but unless you believe that we are just hands-down worse than 25 other teams, I think there is a big lump of teams that could dramatically move up and down the draft list by a handful of points. So, there might not be 12 teams that at least appear to be worse, but they might be unluckier.

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
I would rather the Wings, slowly change out the negative contracts and play to win, then watch boring hockey with the hopes we get a top 3 pick.

be completely honest

wouldnt we just back fill them with more bad contracts, and, who is gonna provide the entertainment value?

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
be completely honest

wouldnt we just back fill them with more bad contracts, and, who is gonna provide the entertainment value?

Yeah, you never know, but maybe when Holland steps down, maybe ownership will change their mind on how to go about things. Just don't want to watch boring hockey for a third season in a row.

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
Yeah, you never know, but maybe when Holland steps down, maybe ownership will change their mind on how to go about things. Just don't want to watch boring hockey for a third season in a row.

fair enough

so for next year, what can holland possibly do to make us more competetive and less boring?

it seems nobody is buying what we're selling and we have no cap space

the first round of the draft was likely going to be the highlight of the year and thats over with and was sort of a dud

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
fair enough

so for next year, what can holland possibly do to make us more competetive and less boring?

it seems nobody is buying what we're selling and we have no cap space

the first round of the draft was likely going to be the highlight of the year and thats over with and was sort of a dud

I don't think Holland can do anything other than hope the kids take some big steps and up their play. Guys Holland would probably like most to move have no or little trade value. We don't have cap space to make any serious moves in free agency. And if Tatar/Nyquist could pull in the sort of D we need, I think that move would have already been made.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad