Proposal: Will the Toronto Maple Leafs trade for Jacob Markstrom?

viper0220

Oct 10, 2008
Teams aren't going to retain, it's going to cost a bit AND they'll have to move out Samsonov +. Would be easier to try in the offseason for Toronto

Samsonov is UFA, the Flames can take him and they need another goalie for the remainder of the season. I think they can fit Markstrom.

Toronto needs to get creative, like Las Vegas.

TheGroceryStick

Jan 19, 2009
Ontario Canada
Sammy, Woll won’t be the reason this team falters in the postseason (If they do) even if people look to them.

Nor would (even the) best goalie in the league hide the warts we’ve seen in the past.

Optimistically, I think they have good enough goaltending. Figure out the other

innitfam

Oct 18, 2017
They can't afford 6M with term. They only have 2 defensemen signed for next year.

MisterT

Nov 29, 2006
Samsonov is UFA, the Flames can take him and they need another goalie for the remainder of the season. I think they can fit Markstrom.

Toronto needs to get creative, like Las Vegas.
FIX THE DEFENSE.

You don't get "creative" by shuffling at a position that actually isn't a significant improvement relative to the further gutting of a below average pick and prospect pool.

viper0220

Oct 10, 2008
FIX THE DEFENSE.

You don't get "creative" by shuffling at a position that actually isn't a significant improvement relative to the further gutting of a below average pick and prospect pool.

Fair enough.

Avsavsavsavsavs

Nov 30, 2017
I am sorry but I am just excited, we are finally heading(hopefully) into a much needed rebuild.

But your idea of a rebuild is trading all of your assets for Cale Makar, a player good enough to get you on the bubble while not committing to a full rebuild.

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
Not sure if they need to anymore as Samsonov is on a hot streak right now and looks like he’s turned it around since being put on waivers.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00