Will the Penguins win game 7?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Extra Texture

A new career
Mar 21, 2008
in a new town
Better question is would they have beaten the Flyers in 12, Rangers in 14 with Sullivan. We will never know.

I'd rather lose to Nashville in the Finals over losing to these goons. I know it sounds dumb. Just my feeling.

'14 yes they would win. Just my opinion of course, but they showed no mental fortitude whatsoever after going up 3-1 in that series. That doesnt seem to happen these days, and i cant imagine letting three straight slip.

'12, they would still lose, but I dont think the wheels would have blown off the team like they did. Under Sully this team gives a little back, but it holds formation. So Fleury would have still been allowing those softies, but take out all the retaliatory penalties, cheap shots, and dumb play when we got down in the sewer with them, and it could look very different.

Extra Texture

A new career
Mar 21, 2008
in a new town
Offense has to score. Period. Can't let Andy steal another one. Even if Andy is unreal like last game, you cannot let him steal a game. Similar to Vasi/Jones last year. You just cannot let them steal a game. Will yourself to goals.

And Murray has to make sure no softies go in. For sure.

That game 7 last year is a good parallel. Vasi was stealing that series for them, and got buried in game seven (39 shots to 17) and we still came only got out of it with a 2-1 win. They just kept coming at them.

A couple other quirks about that game. Going into that Gm 7 the Pens were winless in the previous 4 home game sevens. And the Bolts were 5-1 in alltime game sevens coming into it. Oh, and they brought Stamkos back for that game. And that team still found a way to get it done. Just shows that history can be an interesting guide, but it shouldn't be determinant of anything*

*except where the Caps are concerned

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003
Of course there's a chance they lose, but the pens have outplayed them 3 games in a row, 2017 pens are way better than the 2010 pens, and Matt Murray is way calmer under pressure than Fleury. I expect the pens to win, especially considering they beat Tampa and Washington in their past two game 7s.

zero8771

Jun 15, 2012
Of course there's a chance they lose, but the pens have outplayed them 3 games in a row, 2017 pens are way better than the 2010 pens, and Matt Murray is way calmer under pressure than Fleury. I expect the pens to win, especially considering they beat Tampa and Washington in their past two game 7s.

this. anything can happen. but all signs point to pens being favored and under sullivan they haven't lost a series yet. No reason to think that starts now

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
I want to crush these clowns and that insufferable inferior complex fanbase.

vikingGoalie

Oct 31, 2010

Gotta have faith. Penguins will prevail, this team is the most resilient pens team I've seen. Neither injuries or refs will stop us from us going to the Final.

Bnat66

May 10, 2017
New Jersey
I sure hope so. Driving tomorrow morning from New Jersey. Never been to a do or die game in my life before. Been feeling anxious all day and sure tomorrow will be worse. :laugh:
Hello fellow Pens fan from NJ. I think I have it worse living on the border of Philadelphia.

Mordax

You make it hard
Sep 23, 2009
Victoria, BC
I think past year's Pens teams would lose this game, but not this year. They've overcome so much just to get where they are now. I don't see that run ending with a Game 7 loss at home.

mrwirez

Apr 17, 2017
Pitt
NHL Ottawa Senators at Pittsburgh Penguins – 8:00 EDT
May 25, 2017

Game Referees:
Wes McCauley (#4)
Dan O’Halloran (#13)

Game Linesmen:
Brad Kovachik (#71)
Brian Murphy (#93)

Both are among the top officials in the game, according to the players. They’ve each already worked a Game 7 this postseason, with O’Halloran officiating Penguins vs. Capitals Game 7 and McCauley working the final match between the Oilers and Ducks.

McCauley worked Games 1 and 5 of the Eastern Conference Final with Brad Meier. O’Halloran refereed Game 4 alongside Kevin Pollock, which Pittsburgh hung on to win 3-2

Mike Lange Version 2

Jun 8, 2015
Houston, TX
NHL Ottawa Senators at Pittsburgh Penguins – 8:00 EDT
May 25, 2017

Game Referees:
Wes McCauley (#4)
Dan O’Halloran (#13)

Game Linesmen:
Brad Kovachik (#71)
Brian Murphy (#93)

Both are among the top officials in the game, according to the players. They’ve each already worked a Game 7 this postseason, with O’Halloran officiating Penguins vs. Capitals Game 7 and McCauley working the final match between the Oilers and Ducks.

McCauley worked Games 1 and 5 of the Eastern Conference Final with Brad Meier. O’Halloran refereed Game 4 alongside Kevin Pollock, which Pittsburgh hung on to win 3-2

:handclap:

Should be better than the ****show that was game 6. These 2 are vets who work the finals year after year. I'll trust them more than most.

mrwirez

Apr 17, 2017
Pitt
:handclap:

Should be better than the ****show that was game 6. These 2 are vets who work the finals year after year. I'll trust them more than most.

I was reading an article on ESPN where the players picked Dan O’Halloran as the best NHL official. The players claimed​ he was the most fair, honest, & they trusted him... So that's good news.

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
Senator fans will always be like that sandwiched between the two biggest hockey teams in the world. And biggest cities in Canada. They're mostly an afterthought in the Canadian hockey landscape.

Just like the Flyers are an afterthought in Pennsylvania.

bambamcam4ever

107 and counting
Feb 16, 2012
'14 yes they would win. Just my opinion of course, but they showed no mental fortitude whatsoever after going up 3-1 in that series. That doesnt seem to happen these days, and i cant imagine letting three straight slip.

'12, they would still lose, but I dont think the wheels would have blown off the team like they did. Under Sully this team gives a little back, but it holds formation. So Fleury would have still been allowing those softies, but take out all the retaliatory penalties, cheap shots, and dumb play when we got down in the sewer with them, and it could look very different.

They easily make the finals in 2012 under Sullivan, and likely win it. That was possibly the most talented team the Penguins have iced since drafting Crosby.

Coach Travis

Back2Back!!!
Jun 29, 2005
Thunder Bay, Ontario
bucketdecals.com
I've talked to Matt Murray, had convo's with his mom now and then and what I've gathered from talking to them both is that Matt doesn't have a chip on his shoulder, he has a shoulder-shaped chip where his shoulder should be. Whether it was being overlooked in AAA or not being named to Team Canada for the WJC, I don't know for sure but he seems to only get better as pressure is increased. Like he's out to prove that no situation is too great. It only makes him more determined.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Pens are 0-7 in game 7's after losing game 6 on the road.

Sens never won a game 7.

Matt Murray hasn't lost 2 games in a row in the playoffs yet. We are 12-2 after a loss with Sully.

Yeah I got nothing for tonight

Oddfello

Jimmy Montrose
Mar 15, 2013
Pittsburgh
I think the Pens show up with that champion's heart again and get the job done.

Score first.
Score in the 1st.

That's all she wrote.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad