Will the Penguins win game 7?

Status
Not open for further replies.

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
Honestly all i care about is not seeing a game like last night... we don't need another cup... but we can't let that crap beat us or everyone is going to do it

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
Voted yes. I think they have a slight advantage at home and have been the better Team in the last two games.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I'm confident in Murray playing well, I'm confident in Sid and Geno showing up and I'm confident in Rust having a big impact in the game. Is that enough to be confident in a win? I honestly don't think so. I'm at 60-40 right now for a Penguins win.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
I do wonder if the grief received by the refs last game by national media the likes of Pens haters like Milbury will get Sid a couple of calls tomorrow.

I will be there calling out the refs from puck drop until the last whistle. I have tickets and remain angry about last night.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
5W8RRn0.gif

orby

Jun 16, 2013
Erie, PA
www.youtube.com
I'm confident they will win. They dominated games 5 and 6 in terms of possession metrics and only lost game 6 due to insane goaltending by Anderson and an officiating crew that seemed determined to throw the home team a bone. Ottawa isn't getting those breaks again, especially if Schultz and Hornqvist are back and healthy.

PensPlz

Dec 23, 2009
Pittsburgh
No. I'm a full believer that the NHL faced a ton of backlash for not having a Canadian team in the playoffs last year, so they are going to manufacture the cup final to include one. Ottawa certainly isn't the team they wanted, but it's the team they are left with after the majority got bounced in the first round. I hope they choke on this **** poor entertainment value that will come from it.

:popcorn:

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
Better question is would they have beaten the Flyers in 12, Rangers in 14 with Sullivan. We will never know.

I'd rather lose to Nashville in the Finals over losing to these goons. I know it sounds dumb. Just my feeling.

CertifiedLurker

Aug 13, 2016
If the Hockey Gods truly do exist, there is no way they want the Senators in the finals if they are going to play hockey like this. They are cruel Gods, but even they don't want to watch this crap.

Hobodrifter

Jan 23, 2009
Jeannette
Of course they will, Ottawa win last night was a fluke. EK is great, Anderson has played very well, but really, they are an extremely average team.

Porkinz

May 1, 2017
I hope we win.

I hope the hockey gods don't want it like 1993 again.
They said "Here you go Canadiens. Take your stinkin' trophy."

That was our punishment for the thought we would get three in a row.

Whale Mingo

Nov 18, 2012
So many questions that need answered:

1. Will the better team win?
2. Can the hockey gods really allow a team like Ottawa in the Final?
3. Is the NHL forcing Ottawa in the Final (it sure looks like it)?
4. Is the NHL just WWE on skates these days?
5. Can we win and not get a player injured/killed?
6. Why does uncle Gary hate us now?

I mean, I really think the powers that be are against us. I've seen a lot of bad calls in my years as a fan, but the goal being waived off on interference is a joke and I actually think less of Boucher for even challenging it. He was a drowning man gasping for air and the NHL gave it to him.

Having said all that, I'm taking the Badger Bob road here and I'm going to be positive yet remind myself that it's been a great season no matter what:

1. We knocked out the Caps
2. We got rid of Steigerwald.
3. We have seen the last of MAF in a Pens uniform.

Outside of a Cup (which is never reasonable to ask for) you can't ask for much more out of a season from a team defending the Cup.

Let's Go Pens!

HotCoffey

Feb 22, 2013
So many questions that need answered:

3. We have seen the last of MAF in a Pens uniform.

Flash forward to next year when Murray is out long term again and Jarry is the number 1 and we slowly fall out of playoff contention.

paracord

May 5, 2016
Flash forward to next year when Murray is out long term again and Jarry is the number 1 and we slowly fall out of playoff contention.

Meh. It will be fitting that his last goal allowed was a bad, overcommitting wrap-around and the 4th in one period.

His time has come and gone. He needs to go.

BeatenLikeRentedMule

Mar 9, 2016
Super Mario Land
I voted No.

The call on Hainsey was ridiculous given the amount of clutching and grabbing allowed these playoffs.

When Hainsey made his move, I was thinking "good on him for holding the blue line" and then he gets penalized for it.

That penalty changed the entire complexion of the game, Ottawa were getting destroyed up to that point.

I'm watching the Canadian stream and those dudes have no complaints at all.

Anything can happen in a game 7 but this one feels like 93 or 96.

I really hope to be wrong and we destroy these bums and their moronic base of fans.

Keep in mind, Pens/Sharks were a ratings disappointment both sides of the border last year. In America, fans tune out once their team is out of contention. It's not like the NBA where the fans stick around and casual viewers tune in.

The league might need the Canadian support more than they thought.

Brandinho

deng xiaoping gang
Aug 28, 2005
República de Cuba
The Pens are a much better team and, on paper, should win game 7 at least 8 out of 10 times.

It's difficult to predict how much influence the officials will have, though. We dominated game 6 and yet, here we are.

I'm going to say yes simply because I don't respect the Sens. Even playing at home with every break going their way, they looked really bad.

amoor051

May 24, 2017
I think that the pens will take game 7, but it will in no way take away from what this Ottawa squad has accomplished!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad