Will the Penguins win game 7?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Extra Texture

A new career
Mar 21, 2008
in a new town
I've talked to Matt Murray, had convo's with his mom now and then and what I've gathered from talking to them both is that Matt doesn't have a chip on his shoulder, he has a shoulder-shaped chip where his shoulder should be. Whether it was being overlooked in AAA or not being named to Team Canada for the WJC, I don't know for sure but he seems to only get better as pressure is increased. Like he's out to prove that no situation is too great. It only makes him more determined.

Well, that's pretty comforting.

I dont think it can be denied that Muzz getting into net was probably the turning point. The team loosened up and "got to their game" and the D responded by playing the way we know they can. 11 goals in three games (compared to 3 in the first three) says it all. Blow the doors off them tonight, boys.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Well, that's pretty comforting.

I dont think it can be denied that Muzz getting into net was probably the turning point. The team loosened up and "got to their game" and the D responded by playing the way we know they can. 11 goals in three games (compared to 3 in the first three) says it all. Blow the doors off them tonight, boys.

It amazes me how many deny that the team seems to be more comfortable with Murray in the net, and the calming influence his play has on the team.

I gave caught hell numerous times for saying just that.

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
I still think that for the most part our luck is about to run out... :(

What irritates me is that if Maatta hadn't ****ed around in OT during that one game, we maybe could have advanced already....

mrwirez

Apr 17, 2017
Pitt
YES!

What if I told you Chris Kunitz will have an assist plus 2 goals in this game AND his 2nd goal was the GWG in the 2nd OT!

Would anyone believe me? Lol.

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
YES!

What if I told you Chris Kunitz will have an assist plus 2 goals in this game AND his 2nd goal was the GWG in the 2nd OT!

Would anyone believe me? Lol.

I would say that you need some serious medical help.:laugh:

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
I've talked to Matt Murray, had convo's with his mom now and then and what I've gathered from talking to them both is that Matt doesn't have a chip on his shoulder, he has a shoulder-shaped chip where his shoulder should be. Whether it was being overlooked in AAA or not being named to Team Canada for the WJC, I don't know for sure but he seems to only get better as pressure is increased. Like he's out to prove that no situation is too great. It only makes him more determined.

He's got all the stroppiness of your stereotypical Scot with all the calm of your stereotypical Dutchman. Love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad