Will the Penguins use a compliance buyout?

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Scuds as with the case of all players can be bought out via the regular buy-out method. Now, many say that 35Yr. old Scuds with a 3.3MM contract for 3 years is tradable after having a very bad season using any one's measuring criterea. I hope all the Scud supporters will speak up and indicate realisticly what the Pens could get for him. IMO, he is not tradeable due to his age, contract, and very bad year. If you were the Pens, would you offer even a 7th round pick for him.

The Pens aren't who would want him though. Teams who know they aren't going anywhere who need vets and who need to get to the cap floor might though. Or defense first teams. They very well might just see our system as a bad fit for him, similar to Michalek. They wouldn't be completely wrong either.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
If they use one on Fleury, who replaces him? Hiller? Yeah, he got benched in these playoffs. No thanks. Miller? Rumor is he wants to go to Anaheim, but with Gibson's strong play the Ducks won't need to spend the money on him. Halak? Will he sign with the Islanders.

I know I don't want Hiller. That guy has been getting overrated on these forums for some time now.

Bennett Brauer

May 1, 2011
Pittsburgh, PA
I don't think Fleury is going anywhere, if it weren't for him, we would have been eliminated a lot earlier than Game 7 in the 2nd round, he turned his game around and proved a lot of people wrong, he isn't the problem.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I don't think Fleury is going anywhere, if it weren't for him, we would have been eliminated a lot earlier than Game 7 in the 2nd round, he turned his game around and proved a lot of people wrong, he isn't the problem.

he had 2 really good games and was average to below average in the rest. He gave up at least 3 or 4 really bad goals. He proved that he isn't the worst playoff goalie ever. He didn't prove that he's a good playoff goalie.

Captain Hook

Jul 12, 2007
he had 2 really good games and was average to below average in the rest. He gave up at least 3 or 4 really bad goals. He proved that he isn't the worst playoff goalie ever. He didn't prove that he's a good playoff goalie.

Yeah, he's still too erratic to be worth keeping at a 5 million cap number. He had the back to back shutouts but also had 4 games against New York with save percentages under .900

Game One .889

Game four .867

Game five .882

Game six .897

And even game seven he barley cracked .900

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Yeah, he's still too erratic to be worth keeping at a 5 million cap number. He had the back to back shutouts but also had 4 games against New York with save percentages under .900

Game One .889

Game four .867

Game five .882

Game six .897

And even game seven he barley cracked .900
exactly. Nobody has ever questioned if Fleury's best was good enough. Its his consistency that kills him.

DMR

Apr 29, 2010
No need to buy out Adams. Dan will probably finagle a 1st or 2nd round pick to send out way to get him at his next destination. And just like in Pittsburgh, Adams will never, ever be scratched.

I think Fleury has some trade value, so I don't think it's prudent to use a buyout on him.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
No need to buy out Adams. Dan will probably finagle a 1st or 2nd round pick to send out way to get him at his next destination. And just like in Pittsburgh, Adams will never, ever be scratched.

I think Fleury has some trade value, so I don't think it's prudent to use a buyout on him.

nah man, you just know Disco is going to learn his lesson and right all of his wrongs with his new team. I can just feel it. Dude is going to kill it wherever he goes.

HuskerTornado

Jobu Needs Rum
May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
nah man, you just know Disco is going to learn his lesson and right all of his wrongs with his new team. I can just feel it. Dude is going to kill it wherever he goes.
This is very likely. He'll ask around and figure out he didn't invent the game, work on his deficiencies and win 9 cups in a row with some team we all hate.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve

Eh. This is the man who decided to go out his way, that doesn't make me think he'll learn. TBH, being given so many second chances probably cemented that.

Jules Winnfield

Fleurymanbad
Mar 19, 2010
Fleury is the least of our problems. He had a good year. If anything, I just wouldn't re-sign him after next season depending on how it went.

Jules Winnfield

Fleurymanbad
Mar 19, 2010
Fleury is still a problem, if you're fixing things he goes. Get what you can for him and move on.

All I'm saying is we have a lot of other **** that needs dealt with before him. If he finishes out next season, it's not the worst thing.

That said, I'd love to ship his ass to Minnesota so he can play with Yeo. I also wouldn't be surprised if he went to a team that actually knew how to play defense, that he'd turn into a stud goalie.

Send Fleury and Letang to Colorado for Varlamov and O'Reilly. Roy would whip him into shape :)

Captain Hook

Jul 12, 2007
I don't mind the Kunitz deal. He fits with Crosby or Malkin for a couple more years at a reasonable rate. The Dupuis and Scuderi deals were horrendous. Scuds is a bottom pairing defender making over 3 million and Dupuis is a bottom 6 player making close to 4. Awful.

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
Fleury is the least of our problems. He had a good year.

Are you trying to sap my will to live? :laugh:

He may not be the single biggest problem but he's far from "least". The following list of players and staff are demonstrably and consistently less of a problem than Fleury:

Sid
Malkin
Kunitz
Neal
Juice
Sutter
Bennett
Stempniak
Dupuis
Goc
Vitale
Letang
Martin
Maatta
Nisky
Bort
Despres
Martin
Kades
Goalie Coach

Fleury needs to GO. Period. He can win regular season accolades all he wants, in the playoffs he's still an inconsistent marshmallow head. We will not win **** with him in the net.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad