Will the Carolina Hurricanes make the playoffs?

bluedevil58*

Let's see your predictions. I will stay neutral in this one. So with the current standings and the current roster that is healthy, will the Carolina Hurricanes see the playoffs this season? What say you?

bluedevil58*

Let's see your predictions. I will stay neutral in this one. So with the current standings and the current roster that is healthy, will the Carolina Hurricanes see the playoffs this season? What say you?

I tried adding a poll but couldn't figure it out. Is it possible that the moderators can make this thread into a poll with:

YES

NO

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
We've shown at times we are perfectly capable of making it. That team hasn't shown up consistently enough.

I'm going with boom boom, I'm saying no and hoping I'm wrong.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Can we? We've shown we're capable of it.

Will we? We haven't shown we're capable of it consistently enough.

Ask me after the road trip, if we manage to stay within striking distance after that then I wouldn't bet against us.

bluedevil58*

I am still sticking to my guns and openly stating that not drafting an impact-now kind of player at #5 this season has really hurt this team.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
I am still sticking to my guns and openly stating that not drafting an impact-now kind of player at #5 this season has really hurt this team.

If the Canes drafted Nich or Monahan they would still stink, just like the two teams that drafted those two.

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
Yeah, I think they will. They've been playing much better as of late, and I think they can make enough of a run of it to sneak in.

Stormie

Jan 8, 2014
Atlanta, GA
We haven't been tested lately by any upper-level teams (minus St. Louis). This road trip could spell defeat if we aren't up to the task.

Wolfpuck

Chefnikov
Jun 25, 2006
The 919
outlook-not-so-good1.jpg

rocky7

DAT 13
Feb 9, 2013
God's country
there was a brief period of time that I was feeling optimistic but that started to nose dive, then crashed and burned for good, during those couple of games going into the Olympic break. No! hole is much too deep now for this team to climb out of.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad