Will Stastny Stay?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
Given that Vegas went to the cup finals instead of the Jets.
How Vegas beat our Jets
And they are giving more money.

Almost anybody would sign with Vegas instead of jets as of the moment.

But if Vegas intention was to prevent Jets to get better. Then that is a bad move for Vegas.
But Stastny is not so bad.
But he is not the be all . Laine and Ehlers have been scoring 60 plus points without him.

Good luck to Paul in Vegas.

Its time for Petan Niku to and hoping long shot for Comrie to take the next steps.

Roslovic. He is already on the team. He just need to bulk up a bit if he will be playing center.

Got to believe

That
Bottom 6 of

Perrault petan Roslovic / Copp Lowry Tanev

Is better than
With a Mat Hendrick there.

Petan i hope get consistant time to play with skilled players now.

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
Did anyone really think that Stastny was going to sign for 4 million because he was right on script and said the right things about being in Winnipeg.
I think some people did. Stastny to Wpg was never happening. As has been said many, many times in this thread.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
I liked Stastny but almost 7 million a season for a 33 year old 60 point center is goofy . Here's hoping Roslovic can become the center that clicks with Ehlers and Laine . I like Little and think he is a 2nd line center but he just didn't groove with Ehlers and Laine .

Reactions: thegr8one66 and GNP

blues10

Dec 10, 2010
Canada
Why is this thread open?

Thanks for your services as a rental Mr. Stastny. Good Bye.

For the record the rumoured building site of his home in Winnipeg is literally 2 piles of dirt. Just went by on my way to fireworks.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I liked Stastny but almost 7 million a season for a 33 year old 60 point center is goofy . Here's hoping Roslovic can become the center that clicks with Ehlers and Laine . I like Little and think he is a 2nd line center but he just didn't groove with Ehlers and Laine .

Also the thing is Stastny hasn't scored 60 points in a year since 2013/14. Even last season he only scored 53. At age 33 you are likely paying 6.5 million for 45 to 50 points. I think we can replace that production internally with some of our prospects.

DaJackal

Aug 3, 2015
Eastern front
I'm pissed that they couldn't keep him. Especially with the $$ they cleared by dealing Mason & Armia for an ECHL prospect.

I agree that 3x6.5 is a lot but I would have done 3x5.5 or even 3x6.

Well, I hope Roslovic is up for the job, then. But still, goddamnit!!!

Reactions: Tommigun and tntkid

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
I am happy for Stats if the reports are true, but I am happier for the Jets. Dodged a bullet and gained some cap flexibility going forward. Good day for all concerned!

I'm actually quite happy to see Stastny moving on-- he's really on the decline, and that's to much money to pay him. I wish him good luck-- he contributed positively. We need the money for Laine-Connor-Morrissey- our "real core guys." Also Myers and Wheeler will have to be dealt with, after this upcoming season. We'll need this money.

I look at it this way--the Jet's had the 2nd best "overall" record without Stastny, and they will be right up there again without him.

This is a lot like the Ladd deal--that people are so happy we let go now. Stastny was not contributing to St.Louis the way they wanted him to, and they didn't feel the value was there in him either. The Blues let him walk--and that was wise.

I think he's not a "great center"-- but he's above average--and what I'd like to see is the Jet's develop Roslovic, and considering money-cap space etc. --I think that's just what the Jet's will do. I think Roslovic is really going to surprise people, and take over the 2nd line center job. I really like what I see in him.

We really did dodge a bullet by not signing him-Vegas will regret it--so good for us--another winning move. I like it--let him go--good luck.

Last edited:
Reactions: larmex99

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
At that price, thank God we didn't keep him.

And since the answer to this thread's question has now been answered, we're done here.

Reactions: ps241
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad