Will Pittsburgh miss the playoffs??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
I'm sure you would. Then the Pens draft some stud in a higher first round pick and the fans here whine about how it's unfair etc etc.
Am I supposed to hope for your teams continued success? A more likely scenario is after this core is done you fall into decades of mediocrity like the powerhouses of the past, my team included.
When the defense and team defense is virtually non existent and the goalies are literally seeing all scoring chances coming their way, you can have both Murray and Jarry back there at the same time and it wouldn't be enough.
Who would have thought, goalies are a product of the team in front of them

In fairness, maybe you didn't think he was Dryden 2.0, but some did.

Last edited:

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
If the 3rd best team in the metro is better than the 6th in the atlantic, than the playoff system might change back to the top 8 one.

Oh ya, and Bettman would die.

I Hate Tie DOMI

Jul 2, 2002
Ontario
If the 3rd best team in the metro is better than the 6th in the atlantic, than the playoff system might change back to the top 8 one.

Oh ya, and Bettman would die.

I don't think Bettman will do anything if that 6th place team is the Islanders, Blue Jackets or Devils, but if it is the Penguins and Crosby who miss the playoffs instead of being the 6th, 7th or 8th seed in the conference this topic will be moved to the Board of Governors to discuss in summer meetings I bet.

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
Outside of being fatigued after two cup runs, I can't help but feel like losing the depth and experience guys in the off-season has done a lot of damage to the team.

Out:
Daley
Kunitz
Bonino
Cullen

In:
Reaves
Hunwick
Sheahan

Last season the following players missed many games

Letang
Maatta
Daley
Malkin
Rust
Guentzel
Sheary
Hagelin

The replacements you mentioned don't come close to the depth the Pens lost due to injuries last season. They still finished 2nd in the East behind the Caps

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
2009 happened. It was glorious, you should get over it already.

PS: Don't look now, but your team is about to build its new foundation on failure as well. Enjoy! Oh and are you as mad at the Hawks, Leafs, Oilers and Flames too?
I hear the weather in Kansas City is nice.

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003
Team this behind during part of the season usually stay behind as the season goes on. It's gonna be hard. We'll see if other teams in their division choke.
They're also only 6 points out of 1st in the division, and Pittsburgh has made the playoffs 11 years in a row (active record). I think they'll get it together and make it, but it's worrying how comfortable everyone on the team looks. No one willing to pay the price to go to hard areas of the ice this year.

BigEezyE22

Continuing to not support HF.
Feb 2, 2007
Jersey
They're also only 6 points out of 1st in the division, and Pittsburgh has made the playoffs 11 years in a row (active record). I think they'll get it together and make it, but it's worrying how comfortable everyone on the team looks. No one willing to pay the price to go to hard areas of the ice this year.

Is it really "worrying" that players aren't going to the hard areas of the ice after what they did over the past 2 years?

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Am I supposed to hope for your teams continued success? A more likely scenario is after this core is done you fall into decades of mediocrity like the powerhouses of the past, my team included.

Who would have thought, goalies are a product of the team in front of them

In fairness, maybe you didn't think he was Dryden 2.0, but some did.
Murray is 23 and has won 2 cups as a rookie starter. Still mad are ya?

We're a tinker or two away from being back to where we should be. So I mean stay mad, or whatever unhealthy thing you like doing. I don't even care to know who you're a fan of. It's irrelevant.

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
Murray is 23 and has won 2 cups as a rookie starter. Still mad are ya?

We're a tinker or two away from being back to where we should be. So I mean stay mad, or whatever unhealthy thing you like doing. I don't even care to know who you're a fan of. It's irrelevant.
Your team has won enough, I'd like to see someone else win it. Nothing to get your panties in a knot over. Or is it only healthy to cheer for the penguins?

Murray, eh, whatever. A vocal few probably overrated him cause he won. That's fine.

Reactions: Nizdizzle

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Your team has won enough, I'd like to see someone else win it. Nothing to get your panties in a knot over. Or is it only healthy to cheer for the penguins?

Murray, eh, whatever. A vocal few probably overrated him cause he won. That's fine.

Yeah it's not like it's a team's mission to win and win as often as possible. In any case, continue your mission of asinine statements.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Rather live in KC than Detroit any day lol

serious question though, how much did you cry when the pens were winning cups last 2 years..

He's still not over his team getting owned in a rematch and then turning to crap after and more dark years to follow. I think it stings even more that the latest team to win back 2 back aren't the Wings anymore.

Lol.

Cmac66

Apr 18, 2017
Will they make the play offs? Probably.
Do I want them to make the play offs and win a 3rd Stanley cup in a row? No.

Fatty McLardy

Oct 6, 2017
He's still not over his team getting owned in a rematch and then turning to crap after and more dark years to follow. I think it stings even more that the latest team to win back 2 back aren't the Wings anymore.

Lol.

Haha. I know, its kinda sad and pathetic. I mean i never hated the wings for beating the Penguins in 08 but i guess some people are just bitter and sore losers, not much you can do.

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
Haha. I know, its kinda sad and pathetic. I mean i never hated the wings for beating the Penguins in 08 but i guess some people are just bitter and sore losers, not much you can do.

It really is. STILL bitter about it.

As a Steeler fan sure I was ticked that they lost to Dallas and Green Bay in the Super Bowl but I was able to get over it rather quickly. Nine years of still agonizing over it is pretty embarrassing. I'm sure Kris Draper is still crying about the handshake line too.

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012

I have never thought about the Wings after 2009, maybe in a "lol we got revenge, how often does that happen?" when I watch the DVD sometimes, but outside of that, they are insanely insignificant to basically all of us Pens fans. So it's always hilarious when Wings fans hate on us.

Reactions: TNT87

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Pens miss play-offs. Win lottery, draft Dahlin. Enjoy 2-3 more cups with Sid+Malkin.

ATypicalCanadian

Apr 30, 2015
Canada
Look at it this way..

If by some chance they fail to make the playoffs they'll just be more driven to win and have a strengthened roster with whatever Rutherford does to make sure the same doesn't happen. They'll be kicked, but they won't stay down.

Negan4Coach

Fantastic and Stochastic
Aug 31, 2017
Raleigh, NC
Please yes. Just so Rutherford gets his commupins for leaving Carolina in shambles and then just waltzing to the Stanley Cup multiple times. f*** that guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad