Will Nash score 30 goals this year?

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
I think it's a legitimate question.

Opportunities have been there. But he would have to perform at a higher pace now that we are 10% through the season.

I vote yes, but I think it could be close. Curious to hear others' thoughts.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
I think it's a legitimate question.

Opportunities have been there. But he would have to perform at a higher pace now that we are 10% through the season.

I vote yes, but I think it could be close. Curious to hear others' thoughts.

How many empty-net breakaways will he have?

With the way Nash has playing, this is also a legitimate question.

He doesn't look very good right now.

Placid

Feb 17, 2010
Difficult to say.. i still have faith in him to do so (so voted yes), but he has the uncanny ability to look like the absolute superstar he can be for a couple of games, then be a very bleak version of himself for the next 5.

Everyone knows his worth when he is "on his game".. but getting on it and keeping him there is something he can only do himself, and hopefully he figures things out quickly :)

RempireStateBuilding

Dec 13, 2009
NY
To early to tell. Let's see what he does the next 2 weeks or so. He just needs to get hot and the goals will come in bunches.

Here's to hoping he hits that hot streak at the right time.

2013-14 was one of his "worse" seasons and he scored 26 in a season he was concussed. Only full(ish) season he didn't break 30 was 06-07. In the lockout-shortened 2012-13 he was on pace for somewhere around 40 goals. Don't see him not reaching 30, even with a slow start.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
He'll get there. He'll rattle off 10 in 10 games sooner or later. That's how he is. He goes very hot and very cold.

Let's hope he's very hot in the playoffs.

BarbaraAlphanse

He'll get there. He'll rattle off 10 in 10 games sooner or later. That's how he is. He goes very hot and very cold.

Let's hope he's very hot in the playoffs.

He's 0/4 with getting hot in the playoffs. I'm not holding my breath.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
He was HOT HOT HOT last year.

30 this year? Nope, sorry. I said we should have dealt him at the draft and we didnt.

I will ABSOLUTELY be bumping this thread in Jan.

IMO, he ends up with 25-35. Which is a disgrace.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013

30 this year? Nope, sorry. I said we should have dealt him at the draft and we didnt.

lmao 30-35 goals is in no way a disgrace

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
lmao 30-35 goals is in no way a disgrace
I love how easy people make it sound, to trade him. Let's ignore the fact that it's a dumb idea to begin with, unless you're offered with something sweet.

I can't believe we didn't trade our best skater that season as soon as it ended.

Last edited:

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York

If he scores 35 goals he will probably be top 7-10 in the whole league

KingStian

Jan 8, 2011
I don't know if Nash even is tradeable. He has a full NTC and is set to make 7.9 this season, and 8 and 8.2 million the next couple of seasons. Who in their right mind would take on that contract the way Nash never has vanished every time when it counted in the playoffs?

Nash has a number one guy contract, but is at best a number two guy on a top team. He won't go to a **** team and I can't imagine any top teams willing to take him on at that price.

BarbaraAlphanse

I'm gonna say Nash hits 22 goals this year and pulls in an underwhelming playoffs performance again, sparking a "change of scenery" trade that nets the Rangers far less than if they sold high on him last year.

The Rangers success or lack there of will not hinge on his performance. And it will become abundantly clear that he's not a core player, allowing even those who constantly berate the board with "where will his replacement production come from" to finally let go.

i'm fully prepared to eat lots of crow if he comes through in the clutch, though. I'll take that trade. Personal embarrassment to see him lead the team to a cup.

Sep 8, 2013
Toronto Nebula
He'll score 35. He has 31 SOG in 9 games and a 0.032% SPct. And those shots are not just low-scoring shots. He is in the worst goal-scoring slump of his career and he'll come out of it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad