Will Mitch Marner hit 70 points

Does Mitch Marner hit 70 points this season?

• Total voters

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
I say yes. Even if he cools off a bit from his pace in Feb/Mar, he still will hit it scoring at 1 PPG pace the rest of the way. He's getting more TOI now as well.

MonthPPG TOI
October0.5015:01
November0.6715:51
December1.0016:00
January0.5015:39
February1.2917:04
March1.2518:56
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Reactions: LeafGrief

Apotheosis

Mar 27, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
His pace since he started on the Kadri line has been nothing short of insane (pretty sure it's 100+ in that 20ish games sample size) and he's PPG over his last 40 games. I would bet money. Seems he's playing more down the stretch as well. 70 points considering at the halfway point he had 4 goals and started slowly is insane.

Index

Fillmore, I'm on it!
Mar 24, 2013
He’s done fine without Matthews considering he’s maybe shared 3 shifts with him in two seasons.

If he plays with Matthews I see him getting over 70 points though, not without.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
If he doesn't do it this year. It's going to be a race to see who will be the 4th player behind Barzal, Rantanen, and McDavid to reach 70 points from this superb draft class.

Eichel and Boeser if healthier would be there pretty much this year also.

Jul 10, 2003
KW
I doubt any Leafs fans are expecting Marner to ever play on a line with Matthews and in his first 2 years Marner has proven he doesn't need to be on his line.

I'm holding out hope for them playing together in the future. On paper at least, it is a match made in heaven, against that you have Babs desire to have 3 strong offensive lines...perhaps it will be a pp option at least.

Reactions: LeafsNation75

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
I'm holding out hope for them playing together in the future. On paper at least, it is a match made in heaven, against that you have Babs desire to have 3 strong offensive lines...perhaps it will be a pp option at least.
If both Bozak and JVR are not on the team next season I can see Marner and Matthews on the same power play line together.

Jul 10, 2003
KW
It is something to dream about, however what about the chemistry Marner has had with Kadri and how their seasons turned around once they were put together on the same line.

That's why it's just a dream at this point. But eventually, I think they will show chemistry on the pp and that may lead to them being united full time. The rh playmaking wizardry of Marner combined with Matthews lh shot will be too much to deny. The line isn't overly stacked because you'll still have Hyman on the other wing.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
That's why it's just a dream at this point. But eventually, I think they will show chemistry on the pp and that may lead to them being united full time. The rh playmaking wizardry of Marner combined with Matthews lh shot will be too much to deny. The line isn't overly stacked because you'll still have Hyman on the other wing.
Compared to last season at least Hyman has been producing a little more, however there are still times when it can be frustrating to see him on Matthews line.

Reactions: Sundinisagod

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
How long is Matthews out for? Seems like Marner benefited from the extra ice time, so once Matthews comes back that can hurt his stats

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
How long is Matthews out for? Seems like Marner benefited from the extra ice time, so once Matthews comes back that can hurt his stats
Marner was starting to produce before Matthews got injured. Marner was put on the same line with Nazem Kadri on January 24, 2018 when the Leafs played the Blackhawks which turned their seasons around, where as Matthews was injured on February 22, 2018. So there is no connection between Matthews injury benefiting Marner's play.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad