Will Kyle Connor be ready for the 2016-2017 NHL season? - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
I still think it wouldn't be a shock or such a bad thing if Connor stayed in school another year. I don't think he's as ready as Ehlers was to make a mark, and the competition at forward next season is going to be considerably higher than last year with young players. At wing, he'd need to beat out two of Petan, Dano and Armia for a top-9 spot. If the Jets hit on a top-3 pick, you might have to add Laine, Pulju or maybe even Matthews to that list. I could see the Jets being okay with him going back to Michigan for one more year and making the move next year when Stafford and Perreault come to UFA.

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
Wow really? Good news

Does it mean Jets will go for a D with their pick, if they don't get one of the big 3 forwards.

Lots of players will fight for 3 slots

Armia, dano, PETAN, tanev, Lemiuex, Connor, tanev

Top 6 are set plus Lowry and Burmi.
I hope one of Lowry or Burmi drops to 4th with Copp.

I don't see thorburn , Peluso fitting in now.

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com
Do you want to see him get hit and injured and then completely lose his scoring touch? I understand that there are physically immature players in the NHL, but Connor is a potential superstar in the making and it would be a waste if he got injured and then lost his touch.

Connor is very gifted, but I don't see him as a tier above Ehlers - or in need of special protection.

David Bondra

Apr 5, 2016
Dallas, Texas
Connor is very gifted, but I don't see him as a tier above Ehlers - or in need of special protection.

Look at what Dylan Larkin did this year, he didn't even crack 50 points in the NCAA. Meanwhile Connor had over 70 in over 30 games. He is incredibly talented, for sure going to be great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce