Will Kyle Connor be ready for the 2016-2017 NHL season? - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evil Little

Jan 22, 2014
Only if he goes to Gary Roberts's camp and hires Adam Oates as his skills coach.

However, he can't eat any of the organic bull**** that Craig Slaunwhite gives him. Only the organic bull**** that Gary Roberts gives him.

I'm also working on a pamphlet "What to do when you have a meddlesome owner."

:)sarcasm:)

Gotaf7

Nov 6, 2011
He won't be ready but will get a spot on the roster anyway cause you know the youth movement!

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
He won't be ready but will get a spot on the roster anyway cause you know the youth movement!

I think he will be approx Ehlers ready. Tons of natural talent but lots yet to learn. But being a highly skilled offensive player he will need to take the next steps against NHL players that he will have play and exceed against.

heilongjetsfan

Jul 4, 2011
I think he will be approx Ehlers ready. Tons of natural talent but lots yet to learn. But being a highly skilled offensive player he will need to take the next steps against NHL players that he will have play and exceed against.

NCAA hockey is a pretty good start, at least in terms of the competition being a lot closer on average to being fully grown. I don't have a lot of concerns about Connor's ability to adapt to the NHL next year. Also seems like a really smart kid, so that should help with learning how to succeed as a pro.

csk

Nov 5, 2015
Winnipeg, MB

Good enough for me

Whileee

May 29, 2010

I think he'll be a bit behind Ehlers.

Gotaf7

Nov 6, 2011
IMO no player should come from junior and go straight to the NHL, play them on the Moose for 1/2 a season or so let them develop the pro game. Petan looks like a different player after having spent most of the season in the A.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
IMO no player should come from junior and go straight to the NHL, play them on the Moose for 1/2 a season or so let them develop the pro game. Petan looks like a different player after having spent most of the season in the A.

So Edmonton should have sent McDavid to Bakersfield then?

Gotaf7

Nov 6, 2011
So Edmonton should have sent McDavid to Bakersfield then?

So you want to be like Edmonton? How often does a player go straight to the NHL on a team like Detroit? Way to many people looking at this gong show with homer glasses on.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
So you want to be like Edmonton? How often does a player go straight to the NHL on a team like Detroit? Way to many people looking at this gong show with homer glasses on.

How many times has Detroit gotten the 1st overall pick in the last 27 years? How many times has the 1st overall pick not gone on to play in the NHL in his D+1 year?

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto

Every prospect is different, and their progress will dictate how they should be developed. If you rigidly subscribe to one particular path, then you may end up with a prospect languishing at a level that doesn't advance their development.

The "homer glasses" comment was unnecessary.

How many times has Detroit gotten the 1st overall pick in the last 27 years? How many times has the 1st overall pick not gone on to play in the NHL in his D+1 year?

Well said, and very true. If a prospect needs the development time (like Kossy, Petan after he got sent down [I thought he should have started with the Moose, TBH], De Leo, Morrissey, etc, then they'll get it. If they're someone like Ehlers, who could only play in the Q or the NHL, I think they choose the right development path for a talented winger.

Each prospect should be judged on their individual ability and readiness, IMO.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013

What does homer have to do with anything? Don't see the correlation. The 1st overall pick is going to play in the NHL. It is just the way it is. It would be that way if Detroit ever had the pick. BTW Dylan Larkin did exactly that for Detroit this season. Went straight to the NHL And he was actually AHL eligible. Seems that even for them it depends on the player.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
Friedman just said on HNiC that Connor won't play in the NHL this season. Protection for a 2018 draft, no doubt. Looks like we're waiting for the off-season.

csk

Nov 5, 2015
Winnipeg, MB
Friedman just said on HNiC that Connor won't play in the NHL this season. Protection for a 2018 draft, no doubt. Looks like we're waiting for the off-season.

He also mentioned that he might play in the world championships. Would be interesting for a guy left off the jr team to play at the worlds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce