will Johnny Gaudreau stay?

WhereIsIt

alongtheboards
Jan 21, 2010
Calgary
www.alongtheboards.com
Gudreau is 1 year away from getting a degree. For him to walk away from that would be a waste and a shame. Not to mention Boston gave his brother a scholorship (obviously to get Gudreau to stay 1 more year as apparently his brother is no where near the skill he is). When he was interviewed about play this year with his brother his face lit up with excitement so between that and his degree I cant blame him. The kid has been treated like a VIP in Calgary and is months away from finsihing with Boston and playing the last few games of the season with the flames an organization that has wide open spots for him. Hes going nowhere.

I think he's got two years left in his degree, if he's on track scholastically.

The better at hockey he gets, the less he's going to care about getting that degree. If he dominated against this year he will sign when the NCAA season ends and be playing in a Flames uniform next spring.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Gudreau is 1 year away from getting a degree. For him to walk away from that would be a waste and a shame. Not to mention Boston gave his brother a scholorship (obviously to get Gudreau to stay 1 more year as apparently his brother is no where near the skill he is). When he was interviewed about play this year with his brother his face lit up with excitement so between that and his degree I cant blame him. The kid has been treated like a VIP in Calgary and is months away from finsihing with Boston and playing the last few games of the season with the flames an organization that has wide open spots for him. Hes going nowhere.

Isn't he two years from a degree? He does want to play with his brother, and he also wants to make himself more physically ready before making the jump. I don't think getting a degree is all that important to him anymore.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
John Gaudreau has no comparables, others will be compared to JG. He is a baby Jesus amongst men and will crush them all.

Bouma Fett*

Booty Hunter
May 19, 2012
Calgary
I think he'll definitely stay. And I'm also personally 100% ok with him finishing his degree if he wants to, because if I as in his position, I would. No sense throwing away a free college education, and it's good to have something to fall back on if hockey fails or for when you retire.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad