• I’ll only believe he’s good when he does it against nhl+ dmen

Votes: 16 7.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
What do you guys think. Currently has 609 pts in 602 games, including a career high 115 this yr. Only 28, probably has at least a few more years of good production left.

Every player with 5 top 10 scoring finishes and 1000 pts is a hall of famer. Gaudreau currently has 3, including a top 2 finish this past season. If he gets top 3 in hart voting this yr, that would also meet another criteria for HOF status (assuming he gets 1000 pts)

Anyways, I say he ends up making it.

Last edited:

danyhabsfan

Feb 12, 2007
Montreal
What do you guys think. Currently has 609 pts in 602 games, including a career high 115 this yr. Only 28, probably has at least a few more years of good production left.

Every player with 5 top 10 scoring finishes and 1000 pts is a hall of famer. Gaudreau currently has 3, including a top 2 finish this past season.

Anyways, I say he ends up making it.

who are they?

Rengorlex

Aug 25, 2021
It's possible. Needs a strong combination of individual and team success still. Think it's less likely he makes it than doesn't.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
I don’t think he’s trending that way, but it’s possible. He only has two real standout seasons and no playoff success, and I think he will probably have to do more to rise above a somewhat unfair reputation as too small and soft to be the best forward on a real contender than someone who better fits the stereotypical mould of franchise player. A lot will depend on how many more big seasons he can have, his longevity and playoff success. Still far to go.

Reactions: wetcoast

treple13

Sep 1, 2013
It could be close. I think the following will need to happen

-Needs some real playoff success as a key contributor

-Needs a few more years similar to 2019 or this year

-Needs to have some good longevity

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
He either needs to maintain his recent play well into his 30's, or pick up some personal hardware outside of a Lady Byng win. He has a legit shot at the Hart this year.

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
This season is going to be the best of his carrer. I want to see if he can replicate it outside of a contract year.
If he doesn’t win any major awards he’ll have a difficult time making the hall and he’ll be in purgatory like Fleury has been in.

Too early to say, he needs more sustained success. Right now no but he has a chance.

Walkingthroughforest

I got the worst ******* attorneys
Aug 19, 2007
Too early to say. If he has some cup runs in him and has a few more Hart worthy seasons then that’ll be his path.

Bond

May 10, 2012
Needs a few more seasons similar to this one and decent seasons into his mid 30s unless he leads a team to a cup

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
This is pretty much impossible to tell. If the question is has he achieved enough to already earn a spot in the HHOF, then the answer is unequivocally no. If the question is does he have the potential to have a career that warrants a spot, then of course. If he has a few more seasons like this past one then it pretty much guarantees him a spot eventually.

Holymakinaw

May 22, 2007
Toronto
Not unless he finds another gear.

No individual trophies. No postseason AS teams.

In fairness, he could very well win one this year. It's a tossup at least, among the group that's vying for the Hart.

& the guy already has found another gear, I'd say. 115 points is elite. And he's already had a 99 point season and a 84 point one, and a 78 point one. That's all really starting to add up to something.

If he reaches 1000 points, I think he DOES make it into the HHOF, individual awards or not.

Last edited:

Buck Naked

Can't-Stand-Ya
Aug 18, 2016
He stays with Calgary, I think he's got a shot. They got a good thing going there and I think that line can be dominant for a few more years if they can remain intact.

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
In fairness, we could very well win one this year. It's a tossup at least, among the group that's vying for the Hart.

& the guy already has found another gear, I'd say. 115 points is elite. And he's already had a 99 point season and a 84 point one, and a 78 point one. That's all really starting to add up to something.

If he reaches 1000 points, I think he DOES make it into the HHOF, individual awards or not.

1000 points isn't the automatic it used to be.

There are currently 21 1000 point scorers who are HOF eligible and not in

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
I don’t think he’s trending that way, but it’s possible. He only has two real standout seasons and no playoff success, and I think he will probably have to do more to rise above a somewhat unfair reputation as too small and soft to be the best forward on a real contender than someone who better fits the stereotypical mould of franchise player. A lot will depend on how many more big seasons he can have, his longevity and playoff success. Still far to go.

Pretty much this and really for me it depends on which Johnny shows up over the next 2-5 years the 21-22 Johnny or the guy from the previous 2 years.

Also his playoff resume really needs something.

didn't vote.

Madap

May 24, 2019
Toronto, ON, Canada
If he continues having seasons like this, then yeah for sure.

But no, he’ll likely regress next year as he has in the past. I’m sure he’ll still be ppg moving forward, but that’s not good enough to get in the HHOF with no hardware.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad