Will Feaster screw up the deadline?

TylerSVT*

With the team playing badly, needing a rebuild, and with the numerous Iginla/Jaybo/Kipper rumors flying around. Does anyone think Feaster is going to screw this all up?

I ask, because i think he does. I think he will ask for too much from other GM's they will go elsewhere, Flames will hold the same cards going into the end of the season. And we lose more players for nothing.

My confidence in Feaster is about a 0.

JB51Hockey

51Hockey
Nov 19, 2012
If he was that bad of a GM even the Calgary Flames wouldn't have hired him. Im faithful he'll get us some good prospects. Maybe I'm just being too optimistic :m-dance::m-dance::m-dance:

Sean Monahan

JIMMIES ARE RUSTLED
Nov 25, 2011
Murrica
He'll make some trades with the lesser players. I think Feaster will be able to get a good return for iggy since they are taking a strong stance on it

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
I'm gonna give him the benefit of the doubt and say no. I think this is the year we finally see some major moves.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
I definitely hope not.
There's a lot of work to be done, he doesn't have the option to screw up; because it'll set Calgary back even more years if he does.

Shawnofthedeadz

Jan 18, 2013
I don't think Feaster is going to screw up. He has never undervalued any Flames asset in his time as the GM. He brought us Cammalleri and Ramo from Rene Bourque, Patrick Holland and a 2nd. I agreed with his assessment of ROR was solid, it was unfortunate there was a large and rare CBA rule which ended up ruining his once solid reputation on these forums. I have a 100% faith in Feaster.

The Hendog

Apr 20, 2012
Calgary
I hope Feaster plays hard ball and gets a decent return for Iggy
And makes multiple trades to get as many draft picks and prospects as possible - time for some big changes for this club.

I am a tad afraid though that Feaster gets greedy, asks for to much for to many assets that should be traded by the Flames this year (i.e. Iggy) and we end up not making enough rebuild trades and sets us back.

I also hope that ownership gets on board with this rebuild and lets Feaster & Weisbrod build this team through a youth movement as per their plan.

Trae

Calgary
It's not going to be Feaster that trades Iginla, it's going to be a collective decision, everyone important in the organization will get a say. Not just one man, this is too big of a deal.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
Hes a good GM, but thus far trading has been his major weakness and he has yet to make a good deal for this team (im just being blatant here).

With Weisbrod on board there may be a lesser chance of that happening. Until he proves me wrong though my gut tells me we will be disappointed.

Nordberg

Sep 22, 2009
Landskrona
Hes a good GM, but thus far trading has been his major weakness and he has yet to make a good deal for this team (im just being blatant here).

With Weisbrod on board there may be a lesser chance of that happening. Until he proves me wrong though my gut tells me we will be disappointed.
This is roughly how I feel although nothing so far has convinced me he is actually a good GM. Logically I don't think there is much reason to believe he will flub the deadline but I can't help feeling really uncomfortable about the whole thing. I'll probably be nervous until it's all over for better or worse.

TylerSVT*

I don't think Feaster is going to screw up. He has never undervalued any Flames asset in his time as the GM. He brought us Cammalleri and Ramo from Rene Bourque, Patrick Holland and a 2nd. I agreed with his assessment of ROR was solid, it was unfortunate there was a large and rare CBA rule which ended up ruining his once solid reputation on these forums. I have a 100% faith in Feaster.

I wouldnt call that trade a win.

Cammi is decent, but overpriced and IMO, has given up on trying.
Ramo is a pipedream goalie who may or may not be a good pickup. Bourque sucks, and he is lazy yes. Holland is a marginal prospect, that 2nd round pick is probably in the 31-36 range which is brutal.

Feaster needs to learn something... bad teams shouldnt trade picks.

Leafs learned that the hard way.

Bosnian Beast

Formerly Janko Unchained
Dec 30, 2010
Lethbridge, AB
I hope Feaster plays hard ball and gets a decent return for Iggy
And makes multiple trades to get as many draft picks and prospects as possible - time for some big changes for this club.

I am a tad afraid though that Feaster gets greedy, asks for to much for to many assets that should be traded by the Flames this year (i.e. Iggy) and we end up not making enough rebuild trades and sets us back.

I also hope that ownership gets on board with this rebuild and lets Feaster & Weisbrod build this team through a youth movement as per their plan.
This. My only fear is that Feaster will be asking for too much for Iginla (ala Howson and Nash), but I have faith that he will get some deals done, and that they will be good ones. The only deal he has made that I am no fan of was the Regehr deal, but I put the onus of that deal on ownership, not management.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
Jesus Christ there is no pleasing some of you. If Feaster traded them now and a team got desperate and gave up a far better return you would complain he screwed up and when he isn't the first one to make a deal you complain he isn't doing enough. There have only been 2 real trades and over a week until the deadline CALM THE **** DOWN.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
It's not going to be Feaster that trades Iginla, it's going to be a collective decision, everyone important in the organization will get a say. Not just one man, this is too big of a deal.

This.

It's cute how people actually think Feaster still retains complete and utter control over the process of not only trading Iginla, but other significant roster players as well.

Gritty

Nov 28, 2011
Feaster could actually restore the fans faith in him if he does a good job at the deadline. If he gets a solid return on Iggy, and a couple other players (Stemp, Cammy, Sarich, etc.) and brings in that #1C at the draft, people might be in love with the guy. Job security. Obviously the opposite could happen too.

Gritty

Nov 28, 2011
This.

It's cute how people actually think Feaster still retains complete and utter control over the process of not only trading Iginla, but other significant roster players as well.

No need to patronize fellow Flames fans... Although I agree with your assessment, it's still speculation that he doesn't have complete control...

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
No need to patronize fellow Flames fans... Although I agree with your assessment, it's still speculation that he doesn't have complete control...

It's not speculation whatsoever. All deals, whether they're contract signings or trades need ownership approval; Feaster himself mentioned this when the Cammalleri trade was made. Furthermore, everyone knows just how much the ownership group values Iginla and what he represents to the franchise - there isn't a chance they'd let Feaster or anyone else really, have complete autonomy when it comes to moving the face of the franchise.

With regards to idea that Feaster still acting as the GM is more for show than anything else, well, that's certainly still speculative. But he hasn't addressed the media directly since the offer sheet incident. Nothing more than press release statements which may nor may not have actually come from him. And given the gravity of the Flames current situation, that speaks volumes.

Nordberg

Sep 22, 2009
Landskrona
It's not speculation whatsoever. All deals, whether they're contract signings or trades need ownership approval; Feaster himself mentioned this when the Cammalleri trade was made. Furthermore, everyone knows just how much the ownership group values Iginla and what he represents to the franchise - there isn't a chance they'd let Feaster or anyone else really, have complete autonomy when it comes to moving the face of the franchise.

With regards to idea that Feaster still acting as the GM is more for show than anything else, well, that's certainly still speculative. But he hasn't addressed the media directly since the offer sheet incident. Nothing more than press release statements which may nor may not have actually come from him. And given the gravity of the Flames current situation, that speaks volumes.
Feaster never struck me as someone who himself had much of an idea how to build a team or even knew how he wanted to build a team so I don't think he'd me making the hockey decisions even if there was no meddling from higher up within the organization

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
I think its a legitimate worry.

And clearly others do as well.

So let me get this straight in my head because I'm having difficulty with this.

1) You think our GM sucks and can't even handle some simple asset sales
2) You think our roster sucks and needs a complete overhaul
3) You think our coaching staff sucks and requires Brent Sutter to step in
4) You'd much rather see the Calgary Flames lose games than win

And you claim to be a Flames fan? Which part are you a fan of exactly?

Last edited:

Janks

Pope Janks
Jan 7, 2010
Calgary
I think feaster will do his best to garner a good return. He knows how much Iggy means to the stakeholders of the team, and I'm sure he doesn't want to **** up.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
So let me get this straight in my head because I'm having difficulty with this.

1) You think our GM sucks and can't even handle some simple asset sales
2) You think our roster sucks and needs a complete overhaul
3) You think our coaching staff sucks and requires Brent Sutter to step in
4) You'd much rather see the Calgary Flames lose games than win

And you claim to be a Flames fan? Which part are you a fan of exactly?

Except number 4, how does any of that make someone less or more of a fan?

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00