Will Dion Phaneuf join the Flames for the playoffs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flames Draft Watcher

Feb 27, 2002
Calgary
Visit site
kruezer said:
I agree for sure, I doubt he goes back to the Dub, but he can't play in the A so that leaves him in the NHL, I could see Ference or Gauthier getting traded in the offseason, or even Lydman in an extreme case. My guess is one of this years top six is traded and Phaneuf and Commodore make the team next year, that leaves Montador, Wallin and Ramholt (who can play in the A next year I believe) to play in Lowell.

Yeah Ference, Gauthier and Lydman are the candidates to move.

Montador would have to pass through waivers and I'm not sure Sutter will risk that. Interesting to see what happens with him. He seems to make a brilliant 7th or 8th defensemen. I doubt his trade value is all that high but I'd rather trade him than lose him on waivers and I'm pretty sure he would be picked up.

At this point I wouldn't count on Wallin for anything. Until he's cleared to play I'm not even going to consider him in the Flames plans for the future.

Ramholt can indeed move to the AHL and perhaps we'll see Rozakov stay for more games in Lowell this year. Kokorev, Johnsson, Frogen and Martinnen are all slim possibility to come over as well. I think the organization would like better depth on defense on the farm next season.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Burke's Evil Spirit said:
I'd be surprised. Considering that a) Sutter will want him playing big minutes wherever the Flames farm happens to be next season, and b) He'll be earning north of $1 million per...I doubt Sutter wants him playing a fringe role.

he's too young to go to the AHL. It's either Calgary or Red Deer next year.

Motown Beatdown

Need a slump buster
Mar 5, 2002
Indianapolis
Visit site
Flames Draft Watcher said:
He looked somewhat tired to me. That doesn't really speak at all to his development however. Can't judge too much on one game as you appear to be doing. You don't appear to be taking into account his season and his performance in the World Juniors. Very shortsighted and judgemental view you've chosen to take on this subject.

Since Phaneuf is paired with Meech, i try to keep an eye on his progress. I read something today that they played almost 35 minutes the last game. So i wouldn't be shocked if they looked tired.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad