Will Cole Caufield become a 50 goal scorer?

Will Cole Caufield become a 50 goal scorer?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Bleeker

Mar 6, 2011
Middle Earth
In my opinion it's not a question of if but rather of when. He is already dominant enough to do it this season.
I think most seasons he will score between 30 and 40 but on few occasions he will get to 50 or at least close, especially if Slafkovsky develops quickly and joins him and Suzuki on the first line.

Reactions: Colezuki

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
I think so.

I used to think he was a sniper prospect, but he's playing way above that level now. He's much more than that.

He looks like Patrick Kane out there, always dangerous and tricky in the o-zone.

I'm impressed.

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

Dempsey

Mark it zero
Mar 1, 2002
Ladner, BC
I voted no and it's not a knock on Caufield, I'm just playing the odds as it's incredibly difficult to score 50 in this league and I've seen too many players who were supposed to easily have "a few xx goal seasons" in them and then never do it. Almost as much as I've seen "he'll win multiple Norris trophies one day" thrown around here over the years and then it doesn't happen.

So if I were betting money I would say no, and if he does that's great. He's a terrific player.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
I'll vote yes because he has the talent and I like the player. It'll take a lot to go right, but he has a great shot and crazy good instincts.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
He will be a 50 goal scorer, get 9 mil AAV, revert to 25 goal scorer.
Wrong thread my friend. Your mixing him up with a different player from a different team.
On Caufield scoring 50 He has the talent so i can see him doing it .

Kunta Kinte

Nov 10, 2011
His biggest fan here and I doubt he will do it ? Its possible (Kreider) did it last year and nobody would ever imagined him scoring 50. Adam Graves scored 52. He was a good goalscorer but not a 50+ one.

Possible but I doubt it since its so rare.

Wouldn't surprised me to see him score mid 40s often tho.

Active:

Ovechkin
Kreider
Crosby
Draisaitl
Matthews
Stamkos
Malkin
Perry

Aside Perry and Kreider, they are bonadife superstar and HoF. Perry was a good goalscorer but 50 was really not the norm.

Reactions: MardyBum

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
His biggest fan here and I doubt he will do it ? Its possible (Kreider) did it last year and nobody would ever imagined him scoring 50. Adam Graves scored 52. He was a good goalscorer but not a 50+ one.

Active:

Ovechkin
Kreider
Crosby
Draisaitl
Matthews
Stamkos
Malkin
Perry

Aside Perry and Kreider, they are bonadife superstar and HoF. Perry was a good goalscorer but 50 was really not the norm.

Caufield is one of the best goal scoring prospects to enter the league this century

In my opinion - he was always extremely risky to bust because of his size - he either would succeed at the NHL level or wouldn't. I didn't necessarily see a path where he'd make the nhl but just be average. It was either a good nhl'er or bust to me.

Clearly - he's now shown he's a legitimate NHL'er.

So I can absolutely see him have a great goalscoring career.

Scoring being up also helps him. I can see him hitting 50 this year or next

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Yes but don't think it will be this season. Hot starts on below average teams tend to slow as the seasons grind wears on the team.

NewEraGM

Jun 19, 2010

Active:

Ovechkin
Kreider
Crosby
Draisaitl
Matthews
Stamkos
Malkin
Perry

Perry is a 100% HoF lock.

Stanley Cup. Hart. Rocket. Olympic Gold x2. World Cup Gold. World championship Gold. World Junior Gold.

Guaranteed lock.

Reactions: HabbyGuy and HabsQC

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad