Confirmed with Link: Will Butcher signs with Devils

Status
Not open for further replies.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
Butcher was a massive pickup for this team. We pretty much added two 1st round caliber players in the same year, 3 if you count Bratt as well.

He's no Jon Merrill though.

That he’s not. You bite your tongue.

It was funny reading the first few pages of this thread a little while ago. We didn’t know exactly what we’d get but the consensus seemed to be fairly optimistic.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
This is all

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-03-31 at 11.19.30 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-03-31 at 11.19.30 PM.png
    122.7 KB · Views: 36

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
Butcher is good at distributing pucks to the 2 wings of the PP in the right spot and with the right weight. It’s not a skill the wows you but it allows the wings on the PP to start their attack quickly which leads to defenders scrambling.

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village

Classic Devil

Spirit of 1988
Dec 23, 2003
Columbus, Ohio
I definitely thought we paid too much for an unproven player who didn't kill it in the AHL. Took a while for some of the people here to turn me around (I think finding out we were in a mini-bidding war with Buffalo for him helped change my mind too).

Either way, glad we got him. He's been solid.
As I said at the time - there's a premium on young defensemen, probably because many of them don't finish developing until they're ~28 or even older. The price we paid wasn't really that high.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
This guy knew
I honestly didn't know much about him or that he'd have this Rafalski-like rookie season, but I had a feeling that we were gonna give him a big edge to make the team out of camp. I actually thought Santini would be a victim of the numbers game and that he would start the season in the AHL. We wound up keeping 8D to start the season and I believe Santini was a healthy scratch on opening day this year? Or was it Mueller? I know Lovejoy definitely was.

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
I honestly didn't know much about him or that he'd have this Rafalski-like rookie season, but I had a feeling that we were gonna give him a big edge to make the team out of camp. I actually thought Santini would be a victim of the numbers game and that he would start the season in the AHL. We wound up keeping 8D to start the season and I believe Santini was a healthy scratch on opening day this year? Or was it Mueller? I know Lovejoy definitely was.

We dressed 7 d and 11 f if I remember correctly

Reactions: Bleedred
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad