GDT: Wild vs Canes: Will it be a Wild birthday for MinJaBen, or will he be Caned for bad puns?

AD Skinner

Mar 18, 2009
bubble bath
Couldn’t catch this one but reading over the box score and watching the highlights it seems like we were playing either bill or Justin peters style. Keep it away from our own zone and immediately get back as soon as it has the chance to get back in. I hate to pile on raanta because 2 goals on 40+ shots is pretty weak as far as goal support but 3 on 17 is even rougher. Can’t really blame him on the second one that he probably never even saw but the first and third he really needed to cover. Oh well

Reactions: WreckingCrew

Porvari

Rekisteröitynyt käyttäjä
Feb 19, 2010
Orlov is complete trash.

Was garbage in october, and is garbage now. 2 of these tonight are on him. It was super great sitting there watching him stare at the puck laying free in the crease and doing nothing.

Highest paid D man tho. Brilliant move. God I hope they move him in the off season. I haven't hated a player this much on our roster since Semin.
If you hate him more than you hated Bear, that's really something.

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Orlov is complete trash.

Was garbage in october, and is garbage now. 2 of these tonight are on him. It was super great sitting there watching him stare at the puck laying free in the crease and doing nothing.

Highest paid D man tho. Brilliant move. God I hope they move him in the off season. I haven't hated a player this much on our roster since Semin.

Agreed. Playoffs are a pipe dream for this team.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
I mean, our PP was hot because Aho and Svech were hot. Now that they have cooled down a bit, the PP is no longer producing. Not surprising.

This game does suck though, because a lot of the Metro teams lost recently, so we could have gained some ground against a team we should have beat. But when their star players makes an impact and ours don’t, well…

Sigurd

Slavin, our Lord and Saver (AKA Extra Goalie)
Feb 4, 2018
North Carolina
I mean, our PP was hot because Aho and Svech were hot. Now that they have cooled down a bit, the PP is no longer producing. Not surprising.

This game does suck though, because a lot of the Metro teams lost recently, so we could have gained some ground against a team we should have beat. But when their star players makes an impact and ours don’t, well…
Agreed. Regarding Aho and Svech, another reason we need another offensive top 6 forward. The team can't rely on those two guys alone to carry them all of the time, and especially in the playoffs.

It was also a generally frustrating game to watch.

Out shooting the opponent by a wide margin contributes; among other factors.

Reactions: WreckingCrew

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017

I thought our PP had some good movement at times throughout the night. They did a good job of continually moving away from the puck and got the puck in deep avoiding the perimeter. They might not have scored but at least it looked good.

We just lack scorers. We lack shooters. Our only true shooter is a bit of a turnover machine and as such has played down the lineup this year. Not ideal at all.

chaz4hockey

Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL
If TT’s defense allows Aho and Svech to take more chances on offense 5v5, he can have 0 points for all i care.
Nah, Aho is responsible and getting this little production from TT is not what is needed on a top line. Although a very smart player, beyond his lack of productivity he also offers no physical play which as the season turns to spring is required.

Thinking more about the home stand.

We left some points on the table and with a more conservative change in style of play to manage our goaltending challenges I worry that too much energy is being expended.

Donnie needs to make a deal to solidify the net as it’s more than likely Freddie isn’t coming back (plus is Pyotr ready for a big load???). Another goal scorer is wanted but is that achievable in this market?

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
The pp to me got it’s spark from Svech coming on, and his developing one timer. It sucks he can be that influential on it, but it shows management we need another shooter.
Counterpoint: It does not suck that the 2nd overall pick signed for 8 years is that influential on the power play. That’s exactly what he’s needed to do to live up to what he’s supposed to be.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
Counterpoint: It does not suck that the 2nd overall pick signed for 8 years is that influential on the power play. That’s exactly what he’s needed to do to live up to what he’s supposed to be.
I think we’ve veered into interesting territory. I don’t think I was implying disappointment that Svech has turned into a very good player. Only that the pp potentially suffers significantly in his absense, and that’s some suckage as it’s not that we lack the talent to survive without him.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
I think we’ve veered into interesting territory. I don’t think I was implying disappointment that Svech has turned into a very good player. Only that the pp potentially suffers significantly in his absense, and that’s some suckage as it’s not that we lack the talent to survive without him.
If Burns could hit the net it would’ve been fine. As much as I think Svech influences the resurgence of the unit as a whole, getting Aho out of the bumper position and using him as more of a QB is also an obvious upgrade. Even yesterday it looked the part of a good power play, there was just no finish. Before they switched to this group they couldn’t even keep the zone for more than 15 seconds at a time.

chaz4hockey

Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL
If Burns could hit the net it would’ve been fine. As much as I think Svech influences the resurgence of the unit as a whole, getting Aho out of the bumper position and using him as more of a QB is also an obvious upgrade. Even yesterday it looked the part of a good power play, there was just no finish. Before they switched to this group they couldn’t even keep the zone for more than 15 seconds at a time.
Aho needs to get the defense more vigilant re: his shot.

What have I noticed over last few games is that teams are allowing Aho more space at the point because they don’t respect his shot and worry more about his passing. That defensive shift is causing our PP to cool off.

And whether it is Burns or someone else but the team needs a player to get the puck on net with power during the PP.

Burns PP accuracy is similar to my golf tee shots, awful.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $380.00