GDT: Wild Things

dmonk

doughberle
Feb 13, 2007
Raleigh, NC
Just got home.
Canes played well, but Wild were out of gas in a back-to-back situation.
Staal line was the best line of the game.

Tomorrow's game is even more important. It will be a huge moral boost if Canes win and a lot of breathing room. The loss will be bad with a very tough remaining schedule.

If it ends to be a 3 point game, Columbus should start looking into booking golf resort vacations.

Last edited:

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
Perfect punctuation. Impeccable.
I have no idea if that's true. I always did well in English class, but I still feel like this. I just try hard and hope for the best at this point.

giphy.gif

Vagrant

The Czech Condor
Feb 27, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
warren foegele's -19 is getting pretty much no airtime. was he fools gold last season? he's entering "well at least he forechecks hard" territory, and you never want to be there. it's weird how most of the rookies we anticipated being awesome didn't do much for this team. zykov, foegele, necas.... and wallmark of all people has carved out a nice little nhl role.

Drivebytrucker

Jan 8, 2011
warren foegele's -19 is getting pretty much no airtime. was he fools gold last season? he's entering "well at least he forechecks hard" territory, and you never want to be there. it's weird how most of the rookies we anticipated being awesome didn't do much for this team. zykov, foegele, necas.... and wallmark of all people has carved out a nice little nhl role.

Yeah, but he's still here and playing every night so Rod must see something in him he likes. And if you went through all of his minuses in the last 2-3 months, I think you'd be hard pressed to find many where he directly contributed.

Brandon Sutter had 1 goal in his first 50 games.
Victor Rask scored 11 in his first full season.

Warren has 7 with absolutely zero puck luck. He could have 12-15 easy....

It takes a while to get acclimated to the NHL!

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006

He reminds me of an earlier vintage Brock McGinn in that he frequently just makes the wrong play. Whether it be passing when and where he shouldn't, taking a wrong read on a play, etc...I notice it frequently with him. Speculating, but maybe it's because he's so focused on working hard, skating hard, and forechecking; since that's what got him to the NHL, that he's not using his head enough. He seemed to excel on that stuff in the AHL. Could also be that he needs more seasoning for the game to slow down for him as his mind isn't keeping up with the rest of his gme.

I'm not really worried about the lack of scoring from him right now though, but want to see the rest of his game come around.

Ole Gil

May 9, 2009

The majority of that minus came from the foegele/Staal/Williams line I think.

He’s super raw, but he’s got some skill, as he can beat a defender 1v1 which is rare. He may be out of the nhl in 2 years, he may be a 15 goal guy. It’ll be interesting to see him in camp next season.

Wallmark has done a great job being that Riley Nash style dependable player. Same with him, he could be out of nhl in 2 or carve out a nice 7 or 8 year career.

With the increase in skill level on the roster it’s going to be tough to earn a top 9 spot next season.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
Yeah, but he's still here and playing every night so Rod must see something in him he likes. And if you went through all of his minuses in the last 2-3 months, I think you'd be hard pressed to find many where he directly contributed.

You have to go back all of 1 game to find him getting on the wrong side of Callahan to give up the game winning goal.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
I don't recall when the switch was made off of that line, but here's Foegle's numbers by month.

GPGAPts+/-
October12325-3
November13000-6
December13101-5
January122243
February13112-3
March8000-5
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad