GDT: Wild Things

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
On the other news: NYI @ PHI, BUF @ MTL, PIT @ DAL

We (87 pts) can't catch NYI or PIT (both 91 pts) today, but we got two games in hand to PIT and one to NYI.

If we lose and MTL wins, they tie us in points but we got the first tie-breaker as we got one less game played and so the superior points percentage. If they win out of shootout, going onwards they will tie us in ROW (38) but we still will (likely) have the tie-breaker with the goal differential (currently +14 vs. +6)

Should MTL not win today, CBJ is one point behind them with superior ROW (39) and can take WC2 from MTL tomorrow (CBJ @ VAN). This will have implications to our vs. MTL game tomorrow.

backwards motion

Sep 29, 2017
I've read Winning Ugly (tennis book) and won a games (and matches) using things from it. So yeah, I can get behind this winning ugly thing too, it's beautiful even if it's ugly. Let's start there. If it gets too easy to win by winning ugly, we can add more goals that are beautiful to begin with so it's more fair. We may be the bunch of jerks, but we're no Marchands.

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
Gm74 Vs. Min: Potentially pivotal weekend begins against the Wild
by Matt Karash | Mar 23, 2019 | Morning Skate

The Minnesota Wild have been sputtering a bit of late but won a huge game in Washington on Friday night. On the one hand, Minnesota should enter the game with a more positive vibe. On the other hand, hopefully they are a half step slower with the back-to-back with travel. Timing would be great for the Hurricanes to dial up one of the ‘just overwhelm them’ type of efforts that we have seen here and there. At a minimum, the Hurricanes should have a small physical advantage early and/or late. On Saturday, I will be watching to see if the Hurricanes can push pace and ride a tenacious forecheck to an advantage that results in a win.
It will be interesting to see how Brind’Amour utilizes his goalies this weekend. Petr Mrazek is at the absolute top of his game right now. Curtis McElhinney is coming off of a ‘meh’ outing with some shakiness in it admittedly against a great hockey team. Were it a single game this weekend, no doubt it would be Mrazek’s turn again. But with a back-to-back set and the bigger game on Sunday night, how will Brind’Amour play it? His track record thus far would definitely suggest a split of the two games. If he goes that route, will he have Mrazek for Sunday’s game? Or is there a chance that Brind’Amour steps away from the two-goalie platoon for the first time since McElhinney returned from injury? I will be watching to see how Brind’Amour manages the weekend and also to see how Saturday’s goalie plays.
‘What I’m watching’ — Gm74 Vs. Min: Potentially pivotal weekend begins against the Wild | Canes & Coffee

backwards motion

Sep 29, 2017
Also, from Single Parents; "Being a jerk isn't a survival skill, all right? No one survives separated from the pack. In order to stay in the pack, you gotta be nice - -"

Middle edit: the last sentence may not concern all fan bases ^^

And are we there yet? Can I have the 2 points, will donate them to Carolina's playoff foundation.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad