GDT: Wild Things

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
I don't recall when the switch was made off of that line, but here's Foegle's numbers by month.

GPGAPts+/-
October12325-3
November13000-6
December13101-5
January122243
February13112-3
March8000-5
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

So during the last two months when the Canes as a team are +14 he’s -8 with 2 points in 21 games? Yikes.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
I was saying it would be better for Foegele to go to Charlotte to further hone his game in like November, and never changed. I just came to the conclusion that he gets to stay because he represents what they want a Hurricane to be, or whatever it was they were saying around preseason time. I think he still has potential to be a really good third liner in the future, but he isn't anywhere close right now. I don't even think Saku is quite the contributor some do right now, but I'd easily have him in over McLovin in the lineup.

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
Turbo’ no Canes tough guy but the Finn is tough enough
By: Chip Alexander

Teuvo Teravainen agrees with the notion that the more physical he is in games, the better he plays.
“Sometimes I really get into the game, am strong with the puck and in the battles, and that helps my game for sure,” he said Saturday.
“Pretty impressive high-end plays,” Canes coach Rod Brind’Amour said. “He’s also taken his game to another level this year on the defensive side of things.”
“I feel like I played pretty good every shift,” Teravainen said. “I feel like I’ve played pretty strong and when I play with the confidence, that’s what usually happens.”
Being used on the penalty kill along with Sebastian Aho, a move Brind’Amour made in December, has given Teravainen a more aggressive demeanor on the ice. And Brind’Amour’s more recent decision to move Svechnikov to the Staal line has been a good one.
Teravainen said the game Saturday was their best as a line, and Svechnikov has benefited from Teravainen’s playmaking ability.
“They’ve been solid every game and I think it’s helped Andrei kind of get his feet under him, to play with those guys,” Brind’Amour said.
‘Turbo’ no Canes tough guy but the Finn is tough enough

Reactions: Unsustainable

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario
The pushable plywood Nascar cars probably are already being built for a playoffs surge.

Im000224.jpg

Roman Yoshi

Aug 16, 2009
Franklin, TN
I've only been on one blind date... but it was one of those group ones where your buddy's girl has "the perfect" match for you but clearly has no idea who you are or what your preferences are.

After dinner, and I can't emphasis this enough, I ran away to the nearest bar after coming up with an excuse. The girl didn't even like hockey.

Made a vow that day I wouldn't go on a blind date ever again. Served me well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad