Confirmed with Link: Wild Sign (C) Sam Steel - 1yr $825k

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
Forget about trading Zuccarello, he'll more likely extend. At least that's the hint he sent to the media, I guess he's already had a chat with Guerin about it.

Btw...TSN had Zucc's 21-22 season worth $10M, that's pretty good value for his salary.

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
Zucker was on the trade block as well. Guerin may also be gauging interest and has his value set way high.

Zuccs has a ten team no trade clause.
That just started this year...which statistically was his best. I doubt the team wants to deal him.
Like I said ...it's possible...but not realistic.

MK9

Feb 28, 2008
Andover, MN
Forget about trading Zuccarello, he'll more likely extend. At least that's the hint he sent to the media, I guess he's already had a chat with Guerin about it.

Btw...TSN had Zucc's 21-22 season worth $10M, that's pretty good value for his salary.
Source? (Other than wishful thinking)

Al Lagoon

Feb 22, 2012
Welcome Sam Steel.
He has some solid achievements:

-Led WHL in points after draft year.
-Named Memorial Cup MVP
-Won WJC with Canada, finished 5th in points, 2 off the lead.

Same draft as Kunin. Pretty good free pickup. He is decent on faceoffs too.

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
Its so weird to me to see this absolute resistance towards giving Zucc any type of credit for his season.
Most enjoy his production for that cap hit however we all know the next 3 seasons include dead cap and at his age and cap hit he is on the chopping block simply for that reason, not his on ice production.

Last edited by a moderator:

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Its so weird to me to see this absolute resistance towards giving Zucc any type of credit for his season.

Nobody here thinks Zuccarello deserves no credit for his own point totals, they're just also aware that Kaprizov definitely elevated them past what Zuccarello can do alone. When Zuccarello's gotten to play with elite talent (Dallas and second two years in MN), he's a point-per-game player, and when he hasn't he's a 50-60 point player.

Reactions: DeagleJenkins

Idlerlee

Apr 19, 2013
Nobody here thinks Zuccarello deserves no credit for his own point totals, they're just also aware that Kaprizov definitely elevated them past what Zuccarello can do alone. When Zuccarello's gotten to play with elite talent (Dallas and second two years in MN), he's a point-per-game player, and when he hasn't he's a 50-60 point player.

Yeah thats completely fair. In NYR, while playing on a incredibly well balanced team, Zucc somehow made himself the most productive player despite never being the "main man", on a team without great scoring threats. As a neutral observer its been incredibly fun to watch Norways only NHL succcess in recent times finally get to thrive alongside a elite NHL talent

Reactions: fredrikstad

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I agree. Three reasons, rightly, or wrongly;

1- his first season was a dud (It later turned out that he was playing injured).

2- the deal for Zuccarello was made by a very unpopular GM, who was fired shortly thereafter.

3- Having Zuccarello and his cap hit more or less forced the team to trade a young star forward who clearly will be the better player in the long term. It's actually more complicated than that, but blaming Zucc...is just too easy, especially when you consider the points made above.

I think his season last year was absolutely fantastic. He is a VERY smart player - fitting in with an elite player is not easy for everyone. He has been terrific at it.

Reactions: fredrikstad

jackp0t

Jun 7, 2009
Quebec
Fresh start could be good for him. He was a dominant player in the WHL and his first year as a pro was interesting. Anaheim is 31 in the league for goals scored in the last 3 years combined, not an ideal situation for a skilled player on a bottom 6.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Yes, because refuting that Zuccarello is a $10M player is giving him no credit. So you’d sign Zucc at $10M today if he was a free agent?

The guy destroyed his previous career best at age 34. Of course that has everything to do with playing with Kap.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
no disrespect meant towards steel however i don't understand this move. career high 6G doesn't impress me. i'd rather give a ahl guy a chance. cheers! plus i'd rather use our remaining cap space on a 2nd line RW 20G scorer. boldy/rossi/20G scoring dude.

Last edited:

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
no disrespect meant towards steel however i don't understand this move. career high 6G doesn't impress me. i'd rather give a ahl guy a chance. cheers! plus i'd rather use our remaining cap space on a 2nd line RW 20G scorer. boldy/rossi/20G scoring dude.
Might be what’s happening.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad