Confirmed with Link: Wild Sign (C) Sam Steel - 1yr $825k

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
was he one of the players on the Canadian juniors team under investigation? i cant recall if i saw his name linked to it or not.
He was on the team. Don't think anything specific ties him to it.

There was a post wondering if the high level of guys from that team being non qualified was related (there were like 5 of them that didnt get qualifying offers). But was pure speculation.

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
I sure hope he didn't have anything to do with that.
He was on the team. Don't think anything specific ties him to it.

There was a post wondering if the high level of guys from that team being non qualified was related (there were like 5 of them that didnt get qualifying offers). But was pure speculation.
found an article on google saying he denies it but that was all. if he wasnt involved then 1 year at that cap hit is fine by me. leaves us with 3.5m in cap space and a full roster.

Wasted Talent

Sponsor
Aug 9, 2011
was he one of the players on the Canadian juniors team under investigation? i cant recall if i saw his name linked to it or not.

He was, and that makes us the only team with a player potentially involved in both Canadian WJC incidents.

Arthuros

Registered Snoozer
Feb 24, 2014
Littleroot Town
found an article on google saying he denies it but that was all. if he wasnt involved then 1 year at that cap hit is fine by me. leaves us with 3.5m in cap space and a full roster.
"Sam Steel did not engage in any of the misconduct that has been described in the media, and as far as I know, no one has alleged that he did so..."

So this is what the attorney's statement said re: Steel. As far as I understand it, that last part is actually fairly definitive - if his attorney was willing to put that out, it basically implies that he was never accused by the plaintiff.

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
"Sam Steel did not engage in any of the misconduct that has been described in the media, and as far as I know, no one has alleged that he did so..."

So this is what the attorney's statement said re: Steel. As far as I understand it, that last part is actually fairly definitive - if his attorney was willing to put that out, it basically implies that he was never accused by the plaintiff.
thank you, I am happy with the signing as long as that is true.

Reactions: BagHead

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
He was, and that makes us the only team with a player potentially involved in both Canadian WJC incidents.

And a GM who may or may not have been involved in some shit in Pittsburgh

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
Not a bad dart throw based off talent and draft position - feels like a rich man’s Khovanov.

Given what Gaudreau and Hartman have been able to do with the wingers on this team, it’s always possible Steel could find his NHL legs here.

Reactions: Obvious Fabertism

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Not a bad dart throw based off talent and draft position - feels like a rich man’s Khovanov.

Given what Gaudreau and Hartman have been able to do with the wingers on this team, it’s always possible Steel could find his NHL legs here.

Fiala was a pretty big part of that equation and he was shipped out so we could fit more guys like Jost, Steel, Gaudreau.

Prior

Jan 18, 2020
This team was top 5 in scoring. Fiala had a lot to do with that but is certainly not the reason why it climbed to that level. For whatever reason you want to define, this group has made a multiple year habit out getting career years out of a significant amount of options they have rolled through here. There’s more to the story than Fiala.

With that said, this feels like another Jost type player as opposed to a Hartman type.

Reactions: 57special

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
This team was top 5 in scoring. Fiala had a lot to do with that but is certainly not the reason why it climbed to that level. For whatever reason you want to define, this group has made a multiple year habit out getting career years out of a significant amount of options they have rolled through here. There’s more to the story than Fiala.

With that said, this feels like another Jost type player as opposed to a Hartman type.

Sure there's more to the story, but that doesn't change the fact that Fiala was a big part of it. Our group of wingers this coming season is not as prolific as our group last season with Fiala. Nothing wrong with recognizing that fact, and the impact it will have on our potential centers and their production. other guys are going to need to step up, or break out, if we want to maintain that level of production without Fiala.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
I'd say our dead cap begs to differ. But I know there are some who with every move Guerin makes have their axe to grind...
Dumba and Zuccs could be moved. That'd free up more than enough money - especially Dumba.

Middleton - Spurgeon
Brodin - Addison

and then at the end of the year:

Middleton - Spurgeon
Brodin - Faber
Goligoski - Addison

saywut

Jun 11, 2009
Feel like there will be better "upside" players on waivers before the season starts, but the contract can be fully buried so it doesn't really matter. Would still like a depth player who might be a decent fill-in on the GREEF line as I don't believe in Dewar/Duhaime there or Jost/Steel. Gaudreau's the best fit but if he's tied to Boldy that isn't an option.

I'd feel much better about this move if we were better utilizing Jost/Goligoski $$ for a better individual forward and giving Addison a spot, but that isn't the direction Guerin chose. Steel is just a worse Jost for me and I don't see Jost going anywhere, or filling any top-9 spot adequately.

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
Dumba and Zuccs could be moved. That'd free up more than enough money - especially Dumba.

Middleton - Spurgeon
Brodin - Addison

and then at the end of the year:

Middleton - Spurgeon
Brodin - Faber
Goligoski - Addison
Reports are they've been trying to move Dumba for 2 years now...no takers.
And Zucc has a no move clause.
Sure those moves are "possible" but not realistic.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Reports are they've been trying to move Dumba for 2 years now...no takers.
And Zucc has a no move clause.
Sure those moves are "possible" but not realistic.
Zucker was on the trade block as well. Guerin may also be gauging interest and has his value set way high.

Zuccs has a ten team no trade clause.

Reactions: AKL

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad