GDT: Wild @ Sharks 1-23-16 1:00 pm pst CSNCA

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
someone get on this stat, tweet Burns, have him ask Pavelski his pizza combo, profit.

Good game by the Sharks today

One of the local area pizza joints would probably do a good job selling a specialty pizza called The Big Pavelski.

Unless it had anchovies, since most people don't like them!

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
When I first heard the Ward signing, I shrieked because I thought it would be 4 or 5 years at $4-$4.5 million per year.

Then when I saw it was just for 3 years at a little over $3 million per, I had a sigh of relief and thought it was a pretty good deal. I was surprised it was that low, I thought he'd get something ridiculous.

He's been great.

He just has stone hands. Everything else about him is pretty good. I feel like he's great in the locker room.

But he's not really a top-6 F.

drunksage

lol light beer
Jan 13, 2007
Hendertucky-ish
Donskoi on radio postgame interview:

- felt great to win, they played a really good game even if they gave the Wild two goals in the first period, they just kept going and they deserved it tonight [sic]
- [on his gameplay] it's getting better all the time, he's getting used to the smaller rink and it gets easier all the time, it's been fun to play with Coots and Vingels, he tries to play with the puck, create plays, and challenge 1 on 1 all the time, that's his game
- they've been playing together he doesn't know how many games, but it gets easier all the time, the pass to Couture was a risky play and he doesn't know where it came from, just tried to be creative on the ice
- [on his long hockey stick] he used to have a short stick at one time, he doesn't know where it came from but he decided to make it a little bit longer, one inch at a time, it's a result of many years, he actually made it a little bit shorter 10 games ago, felt it was too long for him with the small rink here, he thinks with the long stick he can surprise D-men and create turnovers
- [on Mikko Koivu] he's a big hero in Finland, he's one of the guys that Donskoi has been watching since he was young (and he still does), he's a great example of leadership with the Wild and with Finland
- [on Pavelski] he's a great example of what leaders can be on the ice, it doesn't always have to be off the ice, he's a great leader off the ice too, but when a game is going tight, he always steps up and finds a way to score, and it's been fun to watch him, he's one of the guys that he has much to learn from

Episkey

Nitrox
Mar 12, 2013
California
Can somebody make this avatar size? It's been about time for a new one
Here you go... let me know if you want me to add anything (border, etc).

KCcCd9W.gif

DystopianTierney

V^V^V 2050 V^V^V
May 3, 2014
Campbell, CA
Donskoi and Tierney have really kicked it up a notch this month!

Wingels is still working his way onto the 4th line, imo. He's got hands of stone this season, and a lot of offensive zone play breaks down on his stick.

Demelo has not been any better than Tennyson/Mueller in the 6 slot.

This thread made me hungry....

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
Demelo has not been any better than Tennyson/Mueller in the 6 slot.

I disagree, I think he's been the steadiest presence at the #6 yet

His second call-up has coincided with a pretty substantial improvement in Dillon's play, which is surely a factor, but I'll take DeMelo over Mueller or Tennyson so far this year

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA

His second call-up has coincided with a pretty substantial improvement in Dillon's play, which is surely a factor, but I'll take DeMelo over Mueller or Tennyson so far this year

Agreed.

Re: Ward, offensive play dies on his stick a lot. He can get 20 goals because he is a good possession player with good hockey IQ but putting him with Marleau and Couture hurts their production.

DystopianTierney

V^V^V 2050 V^V^V
May 3, 2014
Campbell, CA

Meh, Demelo has the better first pass on the breakout out of the 3. Dillon is making Demelo look competent defensively, not the other way round.

Jwec

Dec 21, 2015
Finland
I think that Pizza named The Big Pavelski would be kinda cheeesy :D

And I'm going to sleep now. Have a good Saturday evening you all!

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
Not enough to negate the need to acquire a bottom pair D by the deadline.

Demelo also came in when then team started playing their best hockey of the season, and I don't see him as being the catalyst.

Again, I agree with all of this

I don't think he's the savior or the solution, but he hasn't made me pull my hair out

I'd love an upgrade at rhd, but being so tight to the cap it's hard to envision a realistic addition that's much of an improvement

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
Again, I agree with all of this

I don't think he's the savior or the solution, but he hasn't made me pull my hair out

I'd love an upgrade at rhd, but being so tight to the cap it's hard to envision a realistic addition that's much of an improvement

Blegh so much dead cap. Hopefully Torres just goes on LTIRetirement.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad