GDT: Wild @ Sharks 1-23-16 1:00 pm pst CSNCA

tahoesharksfan

Old-Timer
Apr 29, 2014
The Lake
Good Guys 3/2
Ward/Hertl/Burns
Parise/Suter

Kind of expecting Alex between the pipes?!
Really hoping someone boards Stoll and punches him in the head...which would be fair retribution for his past actions...

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
Good Guys 3/2
Ward/Hertl/Burns
Parise/Suter

Kind of expecting Alex between the pipes?!
Really hoping someone boards Stoll and punches him in the head...which would be fair retribution for his past actions...

Jones had a few days rest, it should be him. Or it better be him, or hoping some magical way wilson can swap dell and stalock.

CrypTic

Oct 2, 2013
Jones had a few days rest, it should be him. Or it better be him, or hoping some magical way wilson can swap dell and stalock.

I'd rather have Jones play against LA tomorrow and Stalock against MN today but I guess that depends on how beatable you think MN and LA are.

T0uGh C0oki3

Goodbye Jumbo Joe
Dec 19, 2014
SNOG

Sharks 4
(Hertl, Burns, Donskoi, Marleau)
Wilds 1
(Zucker)

I would miss this game.............

5am game for me ? Jesus Christ.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
I'd rather have Jones play against LA tomorrow and Stalock against MN today but I guess that depends on how beatable you think MN and LA are.

I would rather have jones start the remainder of the season and say adios to stalock forever.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
What I'm hoping is for Jones to start every game until we hopefully clinch a playoff spot, then let Stalock play most of the rest of the games to give Jones some rest before playoffs.

CrypTic

Oct 2, 2013
There's enough time between games that he should be able to play both.

I'd rather they not overplay him. It's his first year and a starter and he's playing a lot of games even for a vet goalie. It's fine to push it a bit if DW has another backup goalie lined up who can be more of a tandem goalie with Jones in the near future but otherwise I think it's better to give Jones more rest than he's been getting.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
I'd rather they not overplay him. It's his first year and a starter and he's playing a lot of games even for a vet goalie. It's fine to push it a bit if DW has another backup goalie lined up who can be more of a tandem goalie with Jones in the near future but otherwise I think it's better to give Jones more rest than he's been getting.

I would too, but I have zero faith in Stalock. Like Bakes said in the Ottawa game after the McCormick goal, Stalock always makes at least one of those mistakes every game, whether or not the other team scores. He's just too unreliable. I wish they would just cut ties and get a competent back up already.

CrypTic

Oct 2, 2013
I would too, but I have zero faith in Stalock. Like Bakes said in the Ottawa game after the McCormick goal, Stalock always makes at least one of those mistakes every game, whether or not the other team scores. He's just too unreliable. I wish they would just cut ties and get a competent back up already.

We agree on the bolded. I'm not sure who is available, though. It would be great to snag one of Anaheim's excess goalies (bc I think both would be at least ok) but I don't think they'd want to give us a goalie. Maybe they would since they don't seem that adverse to trading within the division. Toronto fans want to trade their goalies but I doubt that Reimer would come cheap and Bernier makes too much money, unless Toronto retained which would drive up his acquisition cost. I don't follow the trade market that closely. Who else might be available? Are the Sharks confident enough in DeMelo and Tennyson to prioritize a backup goalie over another D-man?

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
We agree on the bolded. I'm not sure who is available, though. It would be great to snag one of Anaheim's excess goalies (bc I think both would be at least ok) but I don't think they'd want to give us a goalie. Maybe they would since they don't seem that adverse to trading within the division. Toronto fans want to trade their goalies but I doubt that Reimer would come cheap and Bernier makes too much money, unless Toronto retained which would drive up his acquisition cost. I don't follow the trade market that closely. Who else might be available? Are the Sharks confident enough in DeMelo and Tennyson to prioritize a backup goalie over another D-man?
Seems like DeBoer has confidence in DeMelo. Though i'd like to see a bit more offensive prowless out of him.

With Lehner being healthy, Johnson might be available from Buffalo.

do0glas

Jan 26, 2012
Seems like DeBoer has confidence in DeMelo. Though i'd like to see a bit more offensive prowless out of him.

With Lehner being healthy, Johnson might be available from Buffalo.

Honestly demelo is one of our best puck movers coming out of our zone. That's enough for me.

lucky0slevin

Aug 9, 2011
I mean I've watched a lot of sharks hockey recently and his shots always seem to find the net area but mostly tipped wide or just missing unlike error used to miss 3feet wide

DrFeelgood

Chairman Meow
May 8, 2006
San Jose, CA
A 1pm game at home? Will be interesting to see how the guys respond to the change in their routine.

SNOG
3-1 Sharks
Burns, Pavelski, Donskoi
Parise

CrypTic

Oct 2, 2013
Honestly demelo is one of our best puck movers coming out of our zone. That's enough for me.

I think DeMelo has improved quite a bit and I'm happy with him. The question is whether it's a large enough sample size (given that we haven't played that many teams, etc. since he's improved and he's not playing many minutes/game) and also whether the coaches have enough confidence in him and Tennyson to make upgrading the backup goalie more worthwhile than upgrading a D-man.

DeMelo only averages 12:08 minutes a game. In the last five games, he's played 10:57 (wpg), 13:50 (edm), 11:21 (dal), 11:29 (ott), and 10:05 (arz). Except for the Edmonton game, he's playing less than he was earlier in the season. Tennyson averages 11:26 TOI this season. It seems low even for a #7. It's not awful but it seems on the low side. E.g., Stoner is Anaheim's #7 in TOI and he averages 15:09/game. If you count Theodore (who has only playe 11 games but may stay in the lineup), Stoner is #8 in TOI for Anaheim. Hutton and Biega (Vancouver's 6th and 7th in terms of TOI for D-men playing over 20 games) play 18:10 and 17:58. Sbisa plays 17:29. Martin should probably play less bc he seems to not play as well when he's overplayed. It may have been due to his injury but he seems to get injured fairly often so that's probably a consideration going forward. And the coaches need to trust Tennyson (or whomever is #7) as well bc you can't count on all the D-men being healthy.

At this point, I'd probably prefer an upgrade to Stalock but that's my preference, not the coaches' and I don't know all the options available for an upgrade or what they'd cost.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad