GDT: Wild @ Sharks 1-23-16 1:00 pm pst CSNCA

slocal

Dude...what?
May 4, 2010
Central Coast CA
ys1FvFrh.jpg

^^^

MANchovies. Noice.

To those of you who may be in a tizzy about the pizza talk. Look, we had fun during an afternoon game and found pizza to be the lucky charm. GDT's are for participating in, not necessarily digesting afterwards. 30 posts of "Pavelski!!!!" don't really give off much info, either.

Last edited:

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
^^^

MANchovies. Noice.

To those of you who may be in a tizzy about the pizza talk. Look, we had fun during an afternoon game and found pizza to be the lucky charm. GDT's are for participating in, not necessarily divulging afterwards. 30 posts of "Pavelski!!!!" don't really give off much info, either.

Hey, it was like having friends over for a party and the game was on in the background. I mean when you have the Super Bowl on and you're at a party, exactly how much are you going to talk about the Super Bowl. I'm betting it might be less than half the time. It was like that today for the Sharks game and it was fun. :)

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
I remember a GDT from some years back where the game was absolutely brutal (and it wasn't Coyote Ugly. It was just a dreadfully boring game) and we spent the entire night with a bunch of us flipping back and forth between the game and Spaceballs on a movie channel and basically had a "spaceballs watch GDT"

GDTs are and always have been social events more than serious discussion. They get a ton more leeway for topicality than any other thread, and rightfully so.

and man, I just can't get behind anchovies. It's not any sort of specific anchovy distaste, I just don't much care for fish/seafood in general.

slocal

Dude...what?
May 4, 2010
Central Coast CA
Hey, it was like having friends over for a party and the game was on in the background. I mean when you have the Super Bowl on and you're at a party, exactly how much are you going to talk about the Super Bowl. I'm betting it might be less than half the time. It was like that today for the Sharks game and it was fun. :)

Twas a GDT for the memories, that's for sure. After all, we are known for a dance-off with another team. We're kooks :laugh:

I remember a GDT from some years back where the game was absolutely brutal (and it wasn't Coyote Ugly. It was just a dreadfully boring game) and we spent the entire night with a bunch of us flipping back and forth between the game and Spaceballs on a movie channel and basically had a "spaceballs watch GDT"

GDTs are and always have been social events more than serious discussion. They get a ton more leeway for topicality than any other thread, and rightfully so.

and man, I just can't get behind anchovies. It's not any sort of specific anchovy distaste, I just don't much care for fish/seafood in general.

The fish part is really, really downplayed to the saltiness part. If you ever have a good caesar salad made from scratch, you'll know the saltiness that anchovies add. Got the wife to accept them by sneaking them on her pizza.

Then again, she kicks my butt in the stinky cheese-eating competition.

Last edited:

68 Z-28

Jul 10, 2007
Under the Tank
^^^

MANchovies. Noice.

To those of you who may be in a tizzy about the pizza talk. Look, we had fun during an afternoon game and found pizza to be the lucky charm. GDT's are for participating in, not necessarily digesting afterwards. 30 posts of "Pavelski!!!!" don't really give off much info, either.

Sorry to burst your bubble but that was portabello mushrooms.

Fresnel

Sep 24, 2015
incredibly late to the conversation. But for pizza in palo alto I would recomend The Spot Pizza it's good and one of the few places you can get lunch for under $10 in that city.

As for the smoked dark arts, I enjoy going to a SJ Giants game

SactoShark

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
May 1, 2009
Sacramento
Twas a GDT for the memories, that's for sure. After all, we are known for a dance-off with another team. We're kooks :laugh:

The fish part is really, really downplayed to the saltiness part. If you ever have a good caesar salad made from scratch, you'll know the saltiness that anchovies add. Got the wife to accept them by sneaking them on her pizza.

Then again, she kicks my butt in the stinky cheese-eating competition.

My favorite pizza is from a local spot in Sac called Masullo. Neapolitan style called Marinara. Spicy Anchovies, Garlic, Oregano – No Cheese. It's incredible. And I love cheese, so it's not some sort of dietary restriction. It's just awesome.

(this is relevant because Sharks are fish and every one here is salty)

stator

Apr 17, 2012
San Jose
My thoughts on the game:
  1. It's about time the Sharks use that set play for a quick score off a face-off. Too many teams have been using that against the Sharks, including the Wild in last night's game. It looks to me that coaching is catching up to the ability of the players.
  2. Sharks did not play as well as the previous game, but this one was very good nonetheless. Nice to see perseverance to win after losing the lead.
  3. Who does not have a man-crush on big Joe Pavelski? That guy is one of the few elites in the league, but is missing out on the earned accolades. There is no doubt he's earned being the captain of the Pacific division in the All-Star game, not John Scott who has not earned anything related to All-Stars. John Scott is nothing but a selfish face puncher; prior to this episode, he was just a face puncher occupying valuable bench space.
  4. Stoll played well considering he has missed out on half the season. This pains me to say this, but credit where credit is due.
  5. I don't know if this showed up well on the tele, but Martin faced quite a lot of pressure from the Wild, and came out on top.

OffSydes

#tank2014/5
Aug 14, 2011
Mike Brown played 3:18 yesterday which was lowest on team by a huge margin. Maybe he will start sitting.

Last edited:

wishman

Jan 20, 2007
Not sure why they would ice Brown agaiinst a team like the Wild.

Perhaps their resting him for tonights tilt with the Kings

But when Brown is playing 3:18, you have Couture, Marleau, Pavelski, and others double shifting on 4th line. They can handle the extra minutes (depending on how taxing the current schedule is)

I'd have Brown play 3:18, adding a little bit of energy in the period and the top guys getting extra minutes, rather than a Zubrus getting 10 minutes a night at the expense of some of the other top players.

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
My thoughts on the game:
  1. It's about time the Sharks use that set play for a quick score off a face-off. Too many teams have been using that against the Sharks, including the Wild in last night's game. It looks to me that coaching is catching up to the ability of the players.
  2. Sharks did not play as well as the previous game, but this one was very good nonetheless. Nice to see perseverance to win after losing the lead.
  3. Who does not have a man-crush on big Joe Pavelski? That guy is one of the few elites in the league, but is missing out on the earned accolades. There is no doubt he's earned being the captain of the Pacific division in the All-Star game, not John Scott who has not earned anything related to All-Stars. John Scott is nothing but a selfish face puncher; prior to this episode, he was just a face puncher occupying valuable bench space.
  4. Stoll played well considering he has missed out on half the season. This pains me to say this, but credit where credit is due.
  5. I don't know if this showed up well on the tele, but Martin faced quite a lot of pressure from the Wild, and came out on top.

how exactly is john scott selfish?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad