Wild make a trade today before exp. trade freeze (6/17)

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Rumblings it has happened already, but definitely nothing from any legit sources.

Probably false rumors at this point.

Last edited:

puckMAN

Dec 28, 2004
North St Paul
No idea.

Side question because I don't really want to start another poll...

Will Minnesota hold a 1st round pick in the 17 draft by the end of round 1?

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
I think we will see a trade with someone and Pommer waiving his NMC for the hand-shake deal he won't be traded at all that season.

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
I voted yes but just had the thought that the smart move is protect 5 d and 3 vet forwards with nmc. Expose all young forwards. We will lose one. But we will gain cap.

Then after vegas draft trade a D for the best forward replacement (i.e. Galchenyuk, Duchene, etc.)

Wabit

May 23, 2016
I voted yes but just had the thought that the smart move is protect 5 d and 3 vet forwards with nmc. Expose all young forwards. We will lose one. But we will gain cap.

Then after vegas draft trade a D for the best forward replacement (i.e. Galchenyuk, Duchene, etc.)

go 4-4 at least. Scandella doesn't have as much value as a Granny/Nino so at least protect 1 more FWD.

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
go 4-4 at least. Scandella doesn't have as much value as a Granny/Nino so at least protect 1 more FWD.
No. The point is Brodin/Dumba have more value than Granlund/Nino/Coyle/Zucker. So you max that by protecting and then trading. Scandella must be kept to help with the loss.

You could try to get Vegas to take Zucker over the other three by offering Haula and a prospect.

TwiztedHeat

Feb 6, 2010
I think we'll see trades done after the draft honestly. I have a feeling we'll see another D-man brought in, like a big crease clearing guy and then a 4C either by trade or FA.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Looks like it ain't happening. Now just send Haula to take Scandy and we're in good shape. Don't think that's enough though.

The question still remains - is Brodin or Dumba protected now? Don't think it's a shoe-in either way.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad