GDT: Wild @ Flames - April 15 7:00 PM, SNET-W, FAN960

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
I think Florida more or less packed it in. They want Jones more than anyone this year, and I think are more than willing to be the worst team in the league (and throw away games). I'm happy JS stood up for what he thought about Colorado.

If you look at those top two lines, they should compete in/out non-dependent on their D (which is God-Awful). It's pathetic they are so bad.

It's truly coming down to the wire who will get the bottom spots this year.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
I liked that Sven's goal wasn't just a result of others' work. He made a good play with the puck at the line, then made a good dump in. Cammy did the rest, and Baertschi just needed to get himself to the right spot.

Noori

Jul 7, 2007
Calgary
Ok. Sven and Hanowski can score now. 4-3 wild win is ok with me.

So... wanna predict some lotto numbers for me? Pretty please...?

Great game tonight. I think we have a decent group of vets in Cammy, Giordano, Glencross, and Wideman. Certainly a lot better than Smyth, Horcoff, and Whitney up north. The young guys are contributing, but the vets are helping them along and pushing them.

Noori

Jul 7, 2007
Calgary
Just from watching his interviews, Hanowski's personality is exactly the same as Reinhart's. Really serious guy, no smiling no emotion at all. Not as many "uhms..." and "uhhs" as Reinhart though. Rocking somewhat similar hair as well.

Just something I found interesting.

If he wants to stick full time next year, his skating needs to get better. He looked kind of slow. I also wouldn't mind if he threw around the body a little more. It's his first game, but those are the things he needs to look to improve on.

FLAMES666

Jan 30, 2009
Calgary
I think Colorado ends up finishing better then us, their team is to good and with JS calling out the team I see them finishing the season off on a good note. Nashville on the other hand needs to **** right off! Add Carolina to that list to.

Tkachuky

Dec 30, 2009
In the Dome
Was at the game. Flames overall played poorly especially 2nd period and most of 3rd. Reinhart was the best guy on the ice for the Flames. Boy does he ever use his feet.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Just from watching his interviews, Hanowski's personality is exactly the same as Reinhart's. Really serious guy, no smiling no emotion at all. Not as many "uhms..." and "uhhs" as Reinhart though. Rocking somewhat similar hair as well.

Just something I found interesting.

If he wants to stick full time next year, his skating needs to get better. He looked kind of slow. I also wouldn't mind if he threw around the body a little more. It's his first game, but those are the things he needs to look to improve on.

I thought he looked like he was making a conscious effort to throw hits. Didn't he open the game by running a guy into the end boards?

His skating does need to improve. Reminded me of Reinhart's first game.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
I think Florida more or less packed it in. They want Jones more than anyone this year, and I think are more than willing to be the worst team in the league (and throw away games). I'm happy JS stood up for what he thought about Colorado.

If you look at those top two lines, they should compete in/out non-dependent on their D (which is God-Awful). It's pathetic they are so bad.

It's truly coming down to the wire who will get the bottom spots this year.
I worry about them taking Mac though. I want the Flames to finish second overall and draft Mac. Saves us from getting Jones and gives us a franchise center we haven't had since Joe.

Hayward34

Feb 22, 2012
Calgary, Alberta
Just loving the games lately! Just watching these young guys having the opportunity is awesome. Loved the way Hanowski played, and hopefully now that Baertschi has scored 2 in 2 he will be more confident and score some more!

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Yeah a lot of Panthers fans over at their section want to see Huberdeau centered by Mackinnon

Fans mean very little lol.
Both Florida and Colorado will take Seth if they have the chance. There's no questioning it.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
If they don't we get him. That would suck :laugh:

Getting Jones wouldn't be the end of the world:

TJ Brodie (L) - Seth Jones (R)

I mean, come on, in 3-4 years that'd be the best top pairing in the league more or less.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad