GDT: Wild @ Ducks | 9.00 PM CT | FSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomgilbertfan

#WhyBother
Jun 22, 2008
Minnesota
UMD05, so a guy (clutterbuck) who can potentially score 20G has no business being given a shot on the top line? not to mention hes faster than heatley. who else do we have thats a guaranteed 20 plus goal scorer??? (talking about other options). pmb is not willing to go into the corners & dig out the puck. i must disagree.

So he went from "Potentially" to "Guaranteed" to score 20 goals in a couple sentences? He's never scored 20 goals in the NHL. 19 once. He's a 15 goal scoring 3rd liner. And I say this as someone who loves clutterbucks game, but he's going to be most effective being able to play his game and not being relied on to score 20+ goals.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
i knew everyone wouldnt understand. ok first clutterbuck can score, 2nd hes never spent a long time on the top line right. so who is a better option & why ? get it thats my real ? i didnt guarantee anything. whats your brilliant answer since mines worthless?

Victorious Secret

2024 Lottery Winner
Jul 18, 2011
Matt's Meat Market
Actually, I believe he started on the top line more than he should have last year. And I think he made it to line 1 when Mitts was still playing here. I'm probably wrong on that second one. Memory is fuzzy.

Jarick

Doing Nothing

UMD05

Hobey Baker Champs
Mar 5, 2010
St. Paul, MN
UMD05, so a guy (clutterbuck) who can potentially score 20G has no business being given a shot on the top line? not to mention hes faster than heatley. who else do we have thats a guaranteed 20 plus goal scorer??? (talking about other options). pmb is not willing to go into the corners & dig out the puck. i must disagree. ps wheres ulf dahlen when you need him?

20g would be a career year for Clutterbuck. I mean, if you want a guy who can't pass, can't handle the puck, can't create his own shot, and will reduce zone time by ringing 70% of his wristers high, wide and back down to Backstrom; then by all means, throw Clutterbuck on the first line.

Guys I'd replace heater with before considering Clutterbuck: PMB, Coyle, Granlund, Setoguchi, Zucker

Clutterbuck is a perfect 3rd liner.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
clutterbucks regular position is rw, pmb is one coconut off the mellon from sitting out the season. coyle & granlund have zero nhl experience although i would try granlund , he hasnt adjusted to the nhl style yet. seto is a lw & zucker is a lw w zero experience. thats just my reasons / opinion. brodz is a center but i wouldnt mind trying him either on the rw. yeo has his work cut out 4 him if we dont start running on all cylinders!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad