Post-Game Talk: Wild at The Powerhouse | 2/21/19 - 7PM - MSG

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Well an official tweet that Henrik start and not surprisingly vs the Wild after a great game.

Last edited:

Placid

Feb 17, 2010
While there is a *lot* of speculation, Brooks seems to say that Hayes and Zucc are "destined to be traded on Monday". Kreider is also mentioned, but only "if the Rangers gets an offer they cannot refuse". The Rangers have 3 games to play before then, tonight against the Wild, Saturday against the Devils, and Sunday against the Caps.

Guess we should cross our fingers for no injuries to happen, and it'll be interesting to see if Quinn sits either player at some point.

MyLoveIsBlue

Feb 20, 2015
voodoo-doll-minnesota-wild.gif

FireGerardGallant

The Artist Formerly known as FireDavidQuinn
Mar 19, 2016

Playing with fire here. Would be a disaster if any of them get hurt before the deadline

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Probably will sit Zucc,Hayes and McQuaid, go with 11/7. Howden to IR retroactively for the cap/contract slots.

Pionk, Claesson and Lias all in and Zucc, Hayes and McQuaid sitting.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
My tablet is at 54%. Thats a sign. McQuaid gonna be gone today, me thinks. Recalled Lias.......immediate 4th line replacement? Right.

Any serious PO team that may need a guy like that, should be willing to give up a #2 for him.......Regardless what we got him for. They shoukd have grabbed him off season and didn't. We did. He will be missed, similar to how Boston misses him. He is THAT solid of a 3rd pairing "enforcer" afficionado.

Heard Toronto wanted him, yeah well pay for him then! That will stick it to the Bruin.

Attention Gorton! USe Boston as your leverage/bargaining point. They might be headed for a PO series, and wouldn't you WANT McQuaid on your team as opposed to facing him?

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
It honestly makes so sense at all.

They want to give them a proper MSG send off, especially for Zucc. I get it. The chances of either of them suffering a devastating injury is small, but if i was GM I wouldn't be taking the chance.

However, it's all a negotiating game. If Jeff sits them tonight, all GM's know they are on the move for sure, and they get leverage in the negotiations. JG is probably trying to hold onto as much leverage as he can by being coy as long as possible.

Not saying I agree with this strategy, but interesting theory.

Reactions: NCRanger

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
My phones at 99%. It’s a sign.

Gretzky’s lacing them back up and signing here.

Rebuild complete.

Trade Lias + for Duchene. Trade for Stone. Trade for Panarin. Extend Hayes and Zucc.

Kreider-Zbad-Stone
Panarin-Duchene-Zucc
Hayes-Gretzky-Chytil
Vesey-Boo-Fast

Sta...

awww ****. Our D still sucks.

Nvm...... Thought I was on to something.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
My phones at 99%. It’s a sign.

Gretzky’s lacing them back up and signing here.

Rebuild complete.

Trade Lias + for Duchene. Trade for Stone. Trade for Panarin. Extend Hayes and Zucc.

Kreider-Zbad-Stone
Panarin-Duchene-Zucc
Hayes-Gretzky-Chytil
Vesey-Boo-Fast

Sta...

awww ****. Our D still sucks.

Nvm...... Thought I was on to something.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
They want to give them a proper MSG send off, especially for Zucc. I get it. The chances of either of them suffering a devastating injury is small, but if i was GM I wouldn't be taking the chance.

However, it's all a negotiating game. If Jeff sits them tonight, all GM's know they are on the move for sure, and they get leverage in the negotiations. JG is probably trying to hold onto as much leverage as he can by being coy as long as possible.

Not saying I agree with this strategy, but interesting theory.
That's what I thought and posted on the roster building thread. I mean that has to be the main reason albeit most GM's have to know what is going on especially with Hayes and Zucc.

Reactions: nevesis

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad