GDT: Wild (+115) at Coyotes (-135) 2/28/13

Tom Polakis

Next expansion
Nov 24, 2008
Tempe, AZ
Regardless of that, the Coyotes did not play like they deserved to win anyways. Just a crappy no effort game and coasting to end for the most part. It seemed like they would get solid effort out of 2 people on the ice at a time and then the rest of the team would just cough up the puck. I'd say Chipchura again had a good game and put in a strong effort. Fourth line was the best line again.

We had all sorts of good scoring chances that we didn't bury throughout the game. That doesn't translate to no effort. For at least three quarters of that game, the Coyotes carried play. The Wild scored on their first shot. Two of the Wild's goals, which were by no means softies, were well within the realm of an average NHL goaltender's ability to stop.

My only complaint was that there were too many odd-man rushes against us, particularly for a team that has a few forwards that know how to score. It seems like this season's team has shifted the emphasis slightly in the direction of jumping into the play, and they get caught deep more often as a result.

The highlight of the game, though, had to be the free service offer from Chapman Chevrolet after we killed a penalty. Man, I can't tell you how often I have taken advantage of those free service offers from Chapman Chevrolet!

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
OEL is +7 in his past 5 games with 5 points. He came out of that Calgary debacle a +2 while Stone was -3. Every flames goal was at even strength (5) and he comes out a plus. He played 25 minutes.

He's just an incredible player. Unbelievably good. The closer you look, the better he gets.

Sciamachy

Shadow Coyote
Jan 31, 2008
News on injuries for tomorrow:

Sarah McLellan ‏@azc_mclellan

Just settling in for practice. Hanzal is on the ice in blue no-contact jersey. No Vrbata and no Klesla.

Sarah McLellan ‏@azc_mclellan

Tippett said Vrbata and Klesla skated before practice. Klesla is fine for tomorrow, but Vrbata and Hanzal won't be able to go.

pacerhimself

Mar 17, 2012
I just rewatched some of the penalty calls through NHL gamecenter now that the blackout has been removed and we seriously got jobbed by the refs. Torres and Vermette's tripping calls were both ridiculous calls, and they let go a few calls that were MUCH worse, not to mention the diving call against Stone. What a pile of crap.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad