GDT: Wild (+115) at Coyotes (-135) 2/28/13

pacerhimself

Mar 17, 2012
This reffing is a god damn embarrassment.

Lol ref sounded like he didn't want to call that one.

pacerhimself

Mar 17, 2012
Well I'm gonna beat the rush and make it home on time. Only a handful of players seem like they want to be there.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Love the compete of OEL. "No stick? **** it, Ill slam the guy."

Scottyb123

Feb 2, 2010
I really wish I could see what would've happened if OEL's stick hadn't have broken :laugh: I had a feeling that was going in.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
I really wish I could see what would've happened if OEL's stick hadn't have broken :laugh: I had a feeling that was going in.

Really no reason to load up a shot like that. He has an excellent, accurate wrister.

KG

Sep 23, 2010
It wasn't the reason we lost, but that reffing was awful

pacerhimself

Mar 17, 2012
It wasn't the reason we lost, but that reffing was awful

Yeah, I realize I've been harping on it all night, but it finally took the most blatant interference to get them to use their whistle. In general I don't like ticky-tack playing the puck and getting a skate tripping calls, but if they're going to call them, call them for both teams. Torres got dumped and Boedker got dumped on those types of plays with no calls, but they made no hesitation calling them on Sully, Torres and Vermette. Two of those penalties lead to Wild goals. Actually I don't even think there was contact on Vermette's penalty.

Regardless of that, the Coyotes did not play like they deserved to win anyways. Just a crappy no effort game and coasting to end for the most part. It seemed like they would get solid effort out of 2 people on the ice at a time and then the rest of the team would just cough up the puck. I'd say Chipchura again had a good game and put in a strong effort. Fourth line was the best line again.

Last edited:

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Bissonnette is such an excellent defensive fighter. Those two Rupp punches are honestly the only two hard punches I can ever recall Biz eating. Certainly the only time I can recall him being cut. He fights the biggest and baddest the NHL has to offer and so rarely takes a clean punch. It really is a pretty impressive skill. It's not like he's Andrei Nazarov and just hugs. He does throw some punches. He's just so damn careful.

Vip

Coyotes/Cardinals/Jazz/RSL
Jul 25, 2010
Missed the game tonight because of school.. Doesn't sound like it was a very fun one.

zz

Nov 1, 2006
I've been to two games this year. This turd, and the Chicago turd. :(

Yep, I was at both, too. Left the Chicago game at the end of the second period, but stayed this time. At least the end was entertaining I guess.

I think I might take a break from live hockey for a little while.

Scott MS

Jan 22, 2007
Wow. That really sucked. Worst game of the year besides the Hawks and I had to watch it live.

KG

Sep 23, 2010
We've lost every game versus the Wild I've ever attended. No longer attending Wild games.

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
Bissonnette is such an excellent defensive fighter. Those two Rupp punches are honestly the only two hard punches I can ever recall Biz eating. Certainly the only time I can recall him being cut. He fights the biggest and baddest the NHL has to offer and so rarely takes a clean punch. It really is a pretty impressive skill. It's not like he's Andrei Nazarov and just hugs. He does throw some punches. He's just so damn careful.

Yup, problem in fighting Rupp and Jackman are those guys have a significantly longer reach and Biz really doesn't stand a chance. Rupp to did get him good with those 2 rights opening up a nasty cut and was surprised, but not really, to see Biz out on the ice immediately after the penalty.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
OEL is +7 in his past 5 games with 5 points. He came out of that Calgary debacle a +2 while Stone was -3. Every flames goal was at even strength (5) and he comes out a plus. He played 25 minutes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad