Confirmed with Link: Wikstrand signs Three Year Entry-Level Contract With Senators-Next Year Frolunda

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
I asked Steffe G on Twitter what's his upside, according to him he could be a top 4 puck moving PP guy, but still got long way to go, that was his answer.

Main - he is the guy that completes the 2nd pairing to ease the pressure on Karlsson, once he gets here. Wiercioch has that potential, but he has not been given a consistent chance. Ceci has a different upside I think.

Cowen, Claesson, Gryba, Borowiecki, Methot, Phillips are not finesse guys.

Our D in two year, if Murray allows it to grow, will be amazing with three movers and five shakers. Karlsson can be the baker!

Ceci, Karlsson, Claesson, Wikstrand, Cowen, Methot, Wiercioch, Borowiecki, Gryba

Mix and match as it may turn out. But leave them learn from each other and that's a good group.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I think wikstrand will have a long development journey..but at the end of it I think he will be a pretty solid players. apparently his skating isn't very good, that is definitely magnified on the big ice...I think he will take well to the smaller ice surface, not as much distance to close

AvsRobin

Size doesn't matter!
Aug 10, 2010
Stockholm
Christian Sjögren ‏@christianuptown Protected Tweets 56s
Uptown Sports is pleased to announce the signing of Mikael Wikstrand to a three year contract with the Ottawa Senators.

Synthetek

Aug 4, 2009
Behind You
“@SensUnofficial: Wikstrand: "Next year i'm going to come to Ottawa, try and make the team. If I don't i'll play in the American Hockey League"â€

Does anyone know if this is true?

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
“@SensUnofficial: Wikstrand: "Next year i'm going to come to Ottawa, try and make the team. If I don't i'll play in the American Hockey League"â€

It makes sense. There isn't much competition on that left D side in Bingo. Lots of opportunity there.

dmarc

SENS!!!!!!!
Mar 29, 2009

No it isn't true, I'm guessing this info comes from the SensTV vid posted last week
http://senators.nhl.com/club/blogpost.htm?id=30908&navid=DL|OTT|home

He says he'll play in Sweden next year and come over the year after, yeah person who posted that should have paid better attention

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad