Confirmed with Link: Wideman traded to EDM for 6th round pick

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
For a conditional 6th haha.

I assume this means another deal is on the way (for a backup) and we really wanted to clear salary in order to pull it off.

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
Man, the reaction to this trade on the main boards tells you everything you need to know about the level of Sens knowledge one can expect to encounter there.

It's like someone sourced the world worst opinions and then threw them in a pressure cooker.

Another Mr Lizard

I heard he was Danish
Nov 19, 2017
Can any Ottawa fans provide some background on the guy (other then the uber situation lol)?
Yes.

Born to a pair of cojoined twins in Northern Ontario he quickly rose to fame aged 5 starring in an elementary school play called “who hid all the strawberries and why is my liver pulsating?”.

Later on he joined the school tic-tac-toe team amd holds the distinguished record of having never won in over 500 ties vs other schools.

After a brief stint in jail for stealing an assortment of cheeses he was promoted to assistant hot dog griller at the then named Scotia Bank Place.

He was said to have a very skillful way with a pair of tongs.

Is that enough?

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Thought we could do better than that honestly. RHD are in high demand even if Wideman is a 3rd pairing guy. Put him with a steady partner and 2nd unit PP and he can do that pretty well.

Not surprised at all though.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Thought we could do better than that honestly. RHD are in high demand even if Wideman is a 3rd pairing guy. Put him with a steady partner and 2nd unit PP and he can do that pretty well.

Not surprised at all though.

DanyHeatley

Dec 6, 2016
Chabot - Demelo
lajoie - Ceci
Borowiecki - xxx

who’s up next?

jaros
wolanin
englund
harpur

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Gave him away. I still like it.

Sends a tiny message that behaviour is not acceptable and maybe makes duchene a little more appreciative he’s still welcome here.

Icelevel

Sep 9, 2009
Chabot - Demelo
lajoie - Ceci
Borowiecki - xxx

who’s up next?

jaros
wolanin
englund
harpur
Any of those guys will be fine. Wolanin is most similar and probably just as good or better now or soon

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
I thought it was a nice gesture signing the guy last June given the injury.
but to me he isn't the same player and we've got options that can use the ice. salary gone. none coming back. low end draft pick. all good.

Icelevel

Sep 9, 2009
Can any Ottawa fans provide some background on the guy (other then the uber situation lol)?
He looked very good before his injury. Beginning of that season he looked like a fringe top 4 guy. If he can get back to that you could have a very good bottom pair mobile dman.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Chabot - Demelo
lajoie - Ceci
Borowiecki - xxx

who’s up next?

jaros
wolanin
englund
harpur

Harpur is on a one way contract while the others can be sent back & forth so it's likely he stays, but Jaros seems to be playing well enough & could stay as well. Wolanin has been great down in Belleville so far this yr & probably deserves a callup & Englund has been waiting patiently for a few yrs now but isn't showing nearly enough. I think they give Harpur another shot when he finally gets healthy again. What is his injury?

I wonder if PD got tired of the 11-7 strategy of the coach & decided to move a defenceman to stop GB from using it? :laugh: I wonder if he is aware that Anderson isn't practicing because rest is a weapon in his situation? :huh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad