Confirmed with Link: Wideman signed 1-year 2-way

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
400k ahl WOW lol Worth it imo He will at least help our ahl team

Happy for him being able to play with his brother

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Murray has done everything right so far. Good work GMBM. Really happy how everything has turned out.

Alfies Moustache

Jul 13, 2011
North
Great news. Hopefully ge can get some time in the NHL, and hopefully make a full move. Seeing as Gryba was traded and if no other trades are made, that RD spot seems to be his.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Yep called the juiced ahl salary ,thinking this is going to be a thing for teams moving forward:nod:

Alfie#11

May 7, 2003
Visit site
Great news. They paid a premium to keep him with a really high AHL salary but I hope he gets a chance to show his stuff this season.

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
As a RD and with Gryba gone, he has a full shot to show he belongs on the roster. The Right side could very well be Karlsson, Ceci, Wideman in October. Really don't have a lot of (natural) depth beyond that on that RD side.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
Bourque left the KHL to play with his brother in Hartford. He makes something similar. I cant remember but i want to say 500k. Its somewhere around Wideman's though

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
Nice reward for his play last year. I'm sure he was looking for a 1-way but when someone ponies up that kind of cash for the AHL portion of a contract it's pretty hard to turn it down.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Good. We desperately need a puck mover on the third pairing. Hopefully Wideman is ready to make the jump.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
I think it's his third pairing RD spot to lose. I guess Boro could play there, but he wasn't the greatest when he did.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
I think it's his third pairing RD spot to lose. I guess Boro could play there, but he wasn't the greatest when he did.
Boro is the perfect guy for him to try and break in with ,hardworking stay at home type .With some decent speed

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
I hope Wideman doesnt change his game. Looking forward to some brutal crosschecks after the other team scores that incite line brawls

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005
Wow this is an inpressive offseason! So many savvy moves for the team.

Many have heavily criticized Murray and company for their miscues and mistakes... And they have very much learned from them. Give Wiercioch, Cowen and Greening too long of deals... Don't with our RFAs... And on and on.

That was a really smooth way to keep Wideman and not have an extra roster player in the NHL. I assume he can go through Waivers? Or is the $400K partly a disincentize for another team to claim him on Waivers? So complicated with the CBA.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
Wow this is an inpressive offseason! So many savvy moves for the team.

Many have heavily criticized Murray and company for their miscues and mistakes... And they have very much learned from them. Give Wiercioch, Cowen and Greening too long of deals... Don't with our RFAs... And on and on.

That was a really smooth way to keep Wideman and not have an extra roster player in the NHL. I assume he can go through Waivers? Or is the $400K partly a disincentize for another team to claim him on Waivers? So complicated with the CBA.

Wideman has to go through waivers if he is going to be sent down. I'm assuming he makes the team as either bottom pairing RD, or an extra.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad