Post-Game Talk: Why would you name your team after politicians? Sens @ Caps 7:07PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobbybobcat11

Feb 11, 2010
Easily our most dominate performance of the season thus far. Ottawa looked bad, and we just never let up.

Acallabeth

Post approved by Ovechkin
Jul 30, 2011
Moscow
Smashed another bad team.
Congrats to Ovechkin.
I hope Burakovsky isn't seriously hurt. The amount of injuries is alarming already.

Patrick Kane?
Yeah, maybe Kane, but then again, Kuzya plays the style and makes the plays nobody else in the league makes. Unreal talent.

BlitzSnipe

Dec 28, 2014
I don't. I haven't seen a single person in the league this season who can make the plays he makes. Kuz's combination of vision, IQ, and skill are matched by maybe 2 or 3 guys right now.

Kuznetsov is definitely one of the most skilled in terms of stickhandling and vision. He's been terrific this year though I still think that he could score 50+ if he played at his best. I don't think he's at the point quite yet where he's at his maximum performance level.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
not to distract from ovie but back to back nights without carlson, orpik, beagle and johansson for both and holtby for one and they get 4 points. that depth tho

marcel snapshot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2005
Congratulations to Ovie - agree with others about how lucky we've been to have him for the last 10 years. Both his 2nd goal tonight and his OT winner last night, he showed after-burners we saw 6 or 7 years ago - great to see him with legs moving like that still.

This has been quite a special stretch with this team - haven't ever seen a Caps team combine this much structure with this much firepower, goal-tending, depth and team closeness. No doubt there will be a rough patch or two between now and the end of the season, but this has been quite a run of play

Jun 15, 2007
So we finished 3rd last in 2004. If we hadn't won the lottery, we would have picked Cam Barker instead of Ovechkin and Pittsburgh would have Ovechkin...

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014

"if you get caught not knowing he has the puck and he’s coming to the wing, you’re late already." - antti niemi, 4 goals allowed

"i don’t know if you’ve seen the curve on his stick, but it’s pretty lethal. You never know where it’s gonna go. He does such a good job of getting it off in so many different scenarios. He’s not just a one-trick pony, he can do a bunch of different things when he has the puck." - ben bishop, 10 goals allowed

"whenever i played against him, i never wanted to squeeze the puck if i didn’t have to. I didn’t want to take a faceoff in our end. If we lost the draw and he was out there, he would fire and it would be in the back of the net so fast. So when i played him i never wanted to take a lot of whistles if i didn’t have to. I wanted to try to keep the puck moving. [he] made you think and adapt your game plan for him. That’s what great players do." - scott clemmensen, 8 goals allowed

when you get older, you can look back and see highlights and special goals and it doesn’t feel so bad that you were the one that gave them up … but i’ve given up a couple of special ones this year. [i allowed connor] mcdavid’s first goal, i think we’re gonna see that when i’m 80-years-old on a device that’s the new tv." - kari lehtonen, 19 goals allowed

"i think you have to look at it contextually a little bit. The past 10 years hasn’t exactly been a goal scoring mecca. To get to 50 [goals] now is a little like getting to 60 or 70 back in the 1980s where some of the greatest goal scorers had been. He’s only, what, 30 or 31? So obviously guys slow down when they get older, but with the passion and the energy that he plays with, he could have another five, six, or seven strong goal-scoring years and that will put him in the conversation for greatest goal-scorer of all time." - cory schneider, 3 goals allowed

"over the 10 years, he’s adjusted his game. Everybody does, because you change as a person, you change physically and you understand the game better. Especially as a goal scorer, it’s more about placement, being in the right spot, reading the game. That way you save a lot of energy and not skate around and hit everybody all of the time. He still does that, but he doesn’t do it as much. He’s matured a lot. ... I don’t know how long he’ll play for, but he’s a great asset to the league." - henrik lundqvist, 20 goals allowed

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
30tmo3l.jpg

bgxv78.jpg

2hnm5va.jpg

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
So we finished 3rd last in 2004. If we hadn't won the lottery, we would have picked Cam Barker instead of Ovechkin and Pittsburgh would have Ovechkin...

If we didn't win the lottery that year, we would have Malkin as our franchise forward. Not a bad consolation prize at all. In the past 10 years, Malkin has only been second to Ovi/Sid.
That being said, I would take Ovi any day over Geno.

Turd Ferguson

Its a funny name
Apr 21, 2015
Canada
The most impressive part about this night is they had it all planned out, like they knew he guaranteed would get it. This team believes in each other and their captain. I'll be a broken record all season long saying it, but this group has a serious bond that makes them a scary opponent.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
32-7-3, destroyed a team 7-1, Ovi scored 500 and 501 to seize the lead of the scoring race.
This Caps fan is on cloud nine and I hope to feel the same when June comes around.

2 pts, next!

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Someone on the main board found a video clip of OV's parents explaining why they sit separately (59 second mark).

Last edited by a moderator:

QuadrupleDeke

33% more deke
Aug 6, 2009
Boston, MA
If we didn't win the lottery that year, we would have Malkin as our franchise forward. Not a bad consolation prize at all. In the past 10 years, Malkin has only been second to Ovi/Sid.
That being said, I would take Ovi any day over Geno.

Not true. Caps had the 3rd worst record, so they would've picked either 3rd or 4th if they didn't win the lottery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad