why was Julien Ellis drafted so late?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daniel_Tkaczuk

May 4, 2003
Downtown Halifax
Visit site
Philip J. Fry said:
Ellis cried because he's been drafted after Lacasse. Lacasse isn't at the same level that Ellis is and Lacasse used to be Ellis' back-up. Also, Lacasse was drafted by the habs, I can't imagine how painful it must be for Ellis. If I were Bob Gainey, I'd personally apologize to Ellis.

If I was drafted after Lacasse I would be worried. It blows my mind how he got drafted in the first place.

Tb0ne

Nov 29, 2004
Victoria
How many people here have been in a draft?

I don't see why anyone is judging him for crying. He, like many other young men put his entire life into hockey and just at the part where he expected all that hard work to pay off with getting drafted in an early round, his world was turned upside down when he slipped into the later rounds MUCH further than he should have.

The fact he bounced back and is playing extreamly well in the QMJHL just shows how good he is.

I get a feeling he will end up being a better player than Schneider (another Canucks goalie pick from the same draft).

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
bopeep said:
Sounds like a wuss :dunno:

Or someone who cares. Whatever, its fired him up and he's out to prove a point. I love it when prospects step up big after getting a knockback instead of sulking, shows good character.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
It really is somewhat obscene the Canucks were able to get this guy in the 6th round.

Tb0ne

Nov 29, 2004
Victoria
It's about time the team has had some drafting luck after how many spectacular 1st round busts they've had.

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
Daniel_Tkaczuk said:
If I was drafted after Lacasse I would be worried. It blows my mind how he got drafted in the first place.

Some guy claiming to be Lacasse's brother posted on the Preds board before the draft that Nashville was going to take Loic, that they personally assured him of it. Didn't happen :joker:

As for Ellis-Plante..he's having a good season..but I think it's too early to call him a "steal." There are plenty of outstanding QMJHL goalies that go around to sputter even in the AHL. Players don't become "steals" until they prove they're going to mean something to the team that drafts them, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad