Speculation: Why Has Trouba Not Signed Yet?

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
I still think 5 million over 6 years is the ticket. I'd love that contract.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Gonna take a wild shot in the dark here and say he's probably asking for too much money.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
Why aren't:

Stone, Gaudreau, Ristolainen, Monahan, Nichushkin, Lindholm, Dumba, Corrado, etc.

signed yet?

Most likely because they're RFA's with no arbitration rights, and teams have time to negotiate these contracts. Not sure why Trouba gets singled out.

one of these is not like the others

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
one of these is not like the others

Care to add something to the conversation, or did you simply want to nitpick my quick glance at generalfanager regarding the RFA status of a variety of players? My point stands - there are many unsigned RFA's without Arbitration rights. There's time to sign Trouba, and if Chevy's past RFA signings are any indication: he's in no hurry.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
Care to add something to the conversation, or did you simply want to nitpick my quick glance at generalfanager regarding the RFA status of a variety of players? My point stands - there are many unsigned RFA's without Arbitration rights. There's time to sign Trouba, and if Chevy's past RFA signings are any indication: he's in no hurry.

Don't worry, Gin. The Trades board is where you go to tear down other prospects, players, fanbases, and teams. There is very little objectivity and a lot of trolling here. Also, buddy thinks he's being cute by taking a post you made 10 days ago and applying current day logic to it, as Dumba recently signed a bridge deal.

Last edited:

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
He wants out of Winnipeg which is why he is asking for more money from them in the hopes that they will trade him.

Link ? All this is is speculation at it finest . There were rumours about him asking for a ton but his agent said it was not the case . I don't think an agent would lie knowing his statement is being viewed by the public . It does not go well if an agent is known as a lair when it comes to negotiating contracts with GM's or gaining the trust of a potential client .

leaflover

Stanley Cup 2022
Mar 3, 2002
beautiful B.C
Visit site
Plenty of time before camps open. No need to worry before then and the market price is basically set. There are a whole host of possible reasons no ink has found it's way to paper yet.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad