Why does Sweden fail so much?

cbzblaze

Nov 26, 2015
Calgary
There good enough to get there but don't have enough offensive game changers to win it. They play a little too conservative for my liking. Always involved in close games where a bounce here and there and they might lose. Sedins are still there most dangerous players which isn't good considering their age.

Phil McKraken

Jul 13, 2010
Sweden
Sweden desperately needs better forward talent. It was sad to watch them throw out the Sedins in OT after how ineffective they were this past season. They have to hope that all of E. Lindholm, W. Nylander, A. Nylander, Burakowsky and Forsberg all reach their max potential. So far the only ones I have a reasonable degree of confidence will reach their full potential are William and Forsberg. Compare that to the young forward talent coming for the other countries and Sweden looks very lackluster.

Agreed, though we might have the best Swedish forward prospect of the past 15 years coming up in Lukas Wernblom. Watching how good he is at 16 I think he has a legit chance at going first in the 2018 draft, but a lot can happen before then obviously. If he pans out well along with Forsberg (already panned out) and the Nylander brothers that's all we need, since we'll be stacked with defensemen for the coming decade.

lifeisruff

Oct 29, 2009
wny
The only thing embarrassing on Sweden's resume is the Belarus loss in 2002.

It's not like any non-Canada country has done appreciably better.

Winner. the Swedes aren't dramatically better then the Russians or Americans and they all coward before the Canadians

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
There good enough to get there but don't have enough offensive game changers to win it. They play a little too conservative for my liking. Always involved in close games where a bounce here and there and they might lose. Sedins are still there most dangerous players which isn't good considering their age.

Backstrom is their best forward, and Karlsson is the best offensive player on the team. Other than them the Sedin's are the most dangerous, especially because of how they play together.

TopCheese

Mar 16, 2016
canada
they are the polar opposite of russia. Scary defense but little to be desired up front especially with the sedins aging. Hopefully putin dosent invade sweeden cause then canada might have some real competition

Slimmy

Jan 3, 2009
GBG
This is not tangible or anything, but I find that Swedish teams don't have a great mentality. They kind of play the same way regardless of what is happening. Not the killer instinct to put teams away, and not a lot of push back when trailing. Canada and Russia do a much better job in this regard. Just an observation.

Spot on.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad