Why does everyone want to trade Glencross?

MuffinMerc

Come watch TV
Jan 23, 2013
Glencross is a good player signed to a sweet heart contract. That makes him valuable tradebait.

SmellOfVictory

Jun 3, 2011
Basically he's considered (by HFBoards, anyway) to have the most value of the Flames' expendable forwards, so his name gets thrown around a lot in spite of the fact that he seems very clearly dead-set on staying where he is.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
If he doesn't want to re-sign, then they should look into moving him. Of course, with his NMC, he holds all the power there.

But I'd rather keep Glencross and move Hudler later in the season.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
There are younger LW prospects knocking at the door to take Curtis' spot. His contract is what makes him valuable, to teams like Boston, Philly, or Pittsburgh. They all could use a LWer with Glencross' scoring ability. I don't hate the guy, but I feel like he has a better chance of getting us a good return than anyone else because of that contract.

If anything, I think we should trade him to a contending team on the trade deadline.

Rockmorton

Oct 26, 2011
You can throw Stajan and Backlund in that group, too.

Gio too. And don't forget Monahan. Every time I saw Gio at a function representing the Flames, Monny wasn't too far behind. Looks like he's being groomed for a captaincy.

Rockmorton

Oct 26, 2011
Glencross strikes me as the type of situation where we trade him to a contender for a cup run and then re sign him to a generous retirement contract in the offseason.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Gio too. And don't forget Monahan. Every time I saw Gio at a function representing the Flames, Monny wasn't too far behind. Looks like he's being groomed for a captaincy.

I think he was referring exclusively to forwards, which is why I left Gio out. Monahan has great leadership qualities, but we definitely don't want to be relying on the quite yet. He still needs guys to look up to.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad