why did w give up on Eric Staal ?? he has 21 goals this season

Status
Not open for further replies.

tailgunner

Jan 8, 2008
stuff like this makes no sense to me...we let him leave without offering him a contract, we trade away Hagelin for a bag of pucks and then we wonder why we stink so bad right now...our GM is incompetent

tailgunner

Jan 8, 2008
Just out of curiosity, did you watch him when he was here? How did he do?
he was playing injured and did the best he could...why give up on him? a healthy Eric Staal is better than any of our forwards right now

tailgunner

Jan 8, 2008
How'd he do in Carolina the next year?

he was playing with scrubs in Carolina, what do you expect him to do? how come he has 21 goals now? that would place him 2nd best on our team after Grabs...he has more goals than any of our other forwards...you can't judge a player when he is playing through injuries

tailgunner

Jan 8, 2008
he was playing with scrubs in Carolina, what do you expect him to do? how come he has 21 goals now? that would place him 2nd best on our team after Grabs...he has more goals than any of our other forwards...you can't judge a player when he is playing through injuries

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
Sounds like you made up your mind about something and are ignoring any evidence that disagrees with your conclusion. He sucked with us. he sucked the next year when he was healthy. He appeared to be on the decline. Anyone being reasonable would admit this. You have an agenda here so you are not being reasonable.

Reactions: LeetchisGod

RempireStateBuilding

Dec 13, 2009
NY
Sounds like you made up your mind about something and are ignoring any evidence that disagrees with your conclusion. He sucked with us. he sucked the next year when he was healthy. He appeared to be on the decline. Anyone being reasonable would admit this. You have an agenda here so you are not being reasonable.

Not to split hairs, but he did anything but suck the year after he left the Rangers. He did suck when he was here though. But who cares, Eric Staal isn't what would be pulling this team together right now so it doesn't matter.

tailgunner

Jan 8, 2008
ok so why does he have 21 goals now? I guess according to you he still sucks? only Grabner has more than 21 goals on our team....he would be our 2nd best forward right now....but I guess mcleaod, desharnais and carey are better than Staal, I'm sorry

tailgunner

Jan 8, 2008
I would love to have Eric Staal on our team right now, rather than these mulitiple AHL'ers we have right now

tailgunner

Jan 8, 2008
we would be a lot better than what we are right now...another 21 goal scorer on your roster? makes you a lot better

LeetchisGod

This is a bad hockey team.
May 21, 2009
Washington, DC
we would be a lot better than what we are right now...another 21 goal scorer on your roster? makes you a lot better
So we'd lose in the first round instead of miss the playoffs. Mediocrity doesn't interest me. This team is going to have to take some lumps and build through the draft like every other team that's won anything in recent years.

tailgunner

Jan 8, 2008
Bingo! Give this man a prize. The team was going nowhere that season with or without Staal. It was just pissing more draft picks down the toilet.
he was a free agent...no draft picks are involved.....he was playing hurt that year and was not 100%...he seems awfully good now with the Wild now that he is healthy...but no let's let McCleod, Desharnias and Carey play and take a roster spot instead of Staal that makes a lot sense ???

RempireStateBuilding

Dec 13, 2009
NY
he was a free agent...no draft picks are involved.....he was playing hurt that year and was not 100%...he seems awfully good now with the Wild now that he is healthy...but no let's let McCleod, Desharnias and Carey play and take a roster spot instead of Staal that makes a lot sense ???

We don't have E. Staal to take their roster spots so..not sure why this matters.

tailgunner

Jan 8, 2008
the next year after he left us he played in all 82 games and scored 28 goals with 37 assists for 65 points...this year in 50 games so far he has 21 goals with 23 assists ...anyone who disagrees with me has no brains plain and simple...he is better than any of our weaklings on our team...Gorton our GM is a buffoon

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
He either should have been a top line LW to slot kids like Miller down, or AV should’ve just kept him between the Bergs.

LeetchisGod

This is a bad hockey team.
May 21, 2009
Washington, DC
You forget that we gave up two second round picks and a pretty good prospect to get him in a season that we had no chance to win the cup. It was wasteful.

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
I think the more relevant question here is why did he suck with us? OP is clearly not interested in discussion though so why bother asking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad