OT: Why aren’t we using a 3rd jersey?

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Is there a certain reason we’ve stopped using a 3rd jersey outside of Outdoor Classic games? I’ve always been interested in different jersey’s and wondered why we didn’t make an effort to mix things up and try and create a new alternate.

Reactions: Da Grinder

unknownbrother

Apr 1, 2015
UK
Adidas didn't make 3rd jerseys when they took over because they had to mass produce 62 different jersey designs. Teams have been slowly releasing 3rd jerseys so eventually we'll probably be back to a period where every team that wants them has them.

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
I liked the red and green jersey

My favourite was this one
pas-cher-40-maxim-lapierre-blue-hockey-canadiens-de-montreal-maillot.jpg

I like this one as well
images

antoniojr

pretty mint.
Feb 21, 2008
I liked the red and green jersey
I like it too, as well as most of our alternate/historic jerseys, but there's something about the '45-'46 white that puts it in a class all by itself.
Winnipeg even went as far as ripping it off for their own uniforms.

Reactions: ArtPeur

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
Jerseys whatever inside them. The colors. The logo. The design. That's pointless for me. It changes anything or nothing about the Montreal Canadiens.

Indeed why aren't we using the best players available to wear proudly our jerseys...

Paddyjack

Dec 10, 2007
Sherbrooke
Jerseys whatever inside them. The colors. The logo. The design. That's pointless for me. It changes anything or nothing about the Montreal Canadiens.

Indeed why aren't we using the best players available to wear proudly our jerseys...

MB answered that question before: "It's hard"

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Yes, they were actually fine - the problem was pairing them with the socks. That, was too much.
They wore those jerseys and socks for a game on Superbowl Weekend, I was in Montreal that weekend, those jerseys live, were hard on the eyes.............if I remember, they also were a curse, we had like 3 guys get hurt that weekend, and it killed the season...09-10 season?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad