Why are WiiU systems new/used/refurbished so expensive?

Supermassive

HISS, HISS
Feb 19, 2007
Sherwood Park
The Wii U has issues worth noting if you’re buying used. I’ve had my hard drive corrupted, requiring a mail-out repair. Also replaced a analog stick that got the same drift problem that the switch analog sticks have.

and yes, the sensor bars do burn out after years of use. Cheap to replace though.

it is kind of funny how the Wii hardware is basically worthless, while the Wii U commands $150-200 here. Never dump your unpopular Nintendo systems, they’ll always have value.

Reactions: heybuddyhowyadoing

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
The Wii U has issues worth noting if you’re buying used. I’ve had my hard drive corrupted, requiring a mail-out repair. Also replaced a analog stick that got the same drift problem that the switch analog sticks have.

and yes, the sensor bars do burn out after years of use. Cheap to replace though.

it is kind of funny how the Wii hardware is basically worthless, while the Wii U commands $150-200 here. Never dump your unpopular Nintendo systems, they’ll always have value.

I bought one shortly after making this thread. It was fun playing Mario Kart for the WiiU, but not much more. I didn't really care for the double screen format. The reverse compatibility was not seamless at all. I'll probably sell it. My
older Wii holds up all these years. I still use it. I still love it.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
Been playing the U lately, between it and our Wii titles there are more games for my 5 yr old to play. She likes to just run around inking whatever in the hub worlds for the single player portion of Splatoon. For the hell of it I checked out the online play and...it was still working. People were still playing. In some ways, I still find the original splatoon to be a more enjoyable game to play than the sequel.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad