Who's your favourite out of the big 3 forwards?

Stand Witness

JT
Sponsor
Oct 25, 2014
London, ON
Matthews was always an obvious choice to go to the Leafs but during the 2015 draft it got very heated over who the Leafs should pick and after originally wanting Strome I fought constantly for Marner. It also helps that he was a Knight and I have seen many Knights games over the past 2 years too.

I was extremely happy when the Leafs picked Marner.

It felt like I had personally won something when we picked him because of how much debate was on these forums. He is still my guy when it comes to our prospect. Matthews is a safe bet. When it comes to discussion its more like "yeah, hes going to be a #1C easily" whereas both Marner and Nylander you can't really say that.

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
No favourites for me, but Matthews is the one we need to pan out the most.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Nylander! I'm gonna get his jersey when the seasons jersey numbers are confirmed.

I know some people will roll their eyes about the whole jersey # thing but I would like to see;

Matthews #34
Nylander #88
Marner #93

Although I feel like Marner won't get 93, the problem I have with that is that if the number isn't available to others, why don't we retire the number? Leafs have a few numbers worth retiring.

Northernguy10

May 26, 2013
Timmins Ontario
My take

Three different personalities: On the ice Matthews is "efficient and effective"... Nylander is "silky and smooth"... Marner is "shifty and nifty"... Off the ice they seem to be (in the same order)... "modest yet confident"... "has swagger and style"...and "boyish enthusiasm and fun loving" . It's good they all have different styles and personalities. Looking forward to all of them developing and helping make us respectable again.

Statsman1

Oct 31, 2014
As a long-suffering (what other kind is there?) Leafs fan, I voted Matthews, only because I was ECSTATIC when the Leafs won the lottery because it meant Matthews, and I was way happier about that than I was about the Marner pick.

Nothing against Marner, who is AMAZING (I watched him dismantle my Kitchener Rangers more than once) or Nylander - but Matthews is the one guy who I am counting on to be THE MAN for the Leafs, and he's definitely the most ballyhooed of all the current prospects the Leafs have.

Mr Hockey*

I know some people will roll their eyes about the whole jersey # thing but I would like to see;

Matthews #34
Nylander #88
Marner #93

Although I feel like Marner won't get 93, the problem I have with that is that if the number isn't available to others, why don't we retire the number? Leafs have a few numbers worth retiring.

Wouldn't Nylander be #62? I am think Alex is going to be #92 in Buffalo. Would be a shame if Lou would not let Willie wear 62.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Wouldn't Nylander be #62? I am think Alex is going to be #92 in Buffalo. Would be a shame if Lou would not let Willie wear 62.

62 was just a number they handed him when he came over here.

He wore #88 in the SHL and #21 internationally with Team Sweden but JVR has 21.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
From a purely stylistic preference I find Nylander to be the most entertaining of the big three.

I also won't be surprised to see him have the highest offensive totals of the group.

Garthinater

Nov 22, 2015
How can people not be down with the Snizzbone swag? This guy is hilarious, talented and cocky. He has leadership personality and outside of the hair the best thing about him is.... He was drafted closer to the 10 spot and has absolutely dropped the mic on every league he has been in. Even in his NHL start opponents were left clueless and let him skate a lap in there zone because... WDYD what do ya do!?

Nylander #1!

I'm with you! Snizzbone all the way

Lauro

Charlie Conacher
Jun 28, 2008
Berlin
Marner. Hate to say it but the reason is because he's Canadian. Might change after watching all three play a while for the Leafs.

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON

His number is #92, like his Dad (and brother).

He wore #88 in the SHL because he was playing with his dad who was wearing the number Willie wanted, but couldn't have for obvious reasons.

Mr Hockey*

Ah, I thought he wore the #62 because his dad wore #92.

added ... I see Morgs posted at the same time as me.

Dough72

Sep 3, 2008
Marner. Hate to say it but the reason is because he's Canadian. Might change after watching all three play a while for the Leafs.
why would you hate to say that?

it's normal. I don't think the pc cult members can harass you over that one

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
It's marner for me. Love his style of hockey and hrs really enterraining to watch . Plus he's the leaf prospect that gets hated on the most on the main boards. A lot of people expect him to bust and try and minimize his achievements this year. Love willy and Matthews as well but marner is my favourite

Mr Hockey*

Nobody has seen Marners Pro level game yet, it's hard to place him ahead of AM or Willie.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad