Post-Game Talk: Who's Your Captain - Jets Win 5-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waldo

May 27, 2002
Winnipeg
Visit site
Don't have to worry about the Sharks anymore. If they weren't before, they're toast now. Convincing win against a good team. I wonder which way SJ goes. Do they dump contracts and blow it up or do they add pieces.

Anyhow, another promising performance. Wheels, Sheifs, Lowry among others are really playing well. Myers is a top tier dman and he was the best player in that trade. There is a lot to like about the foundation Chevy has built. Add Ehlers and Helly and we could be contenders. I hope Chevy can sign Stafford and Frolik. I'd like to hang onto Stemp and Tlusty too. They are all contributing and we'll be awesomw when Little and MP are back.

Dominant win.

wpgsilver

Jun 14, 2011
Winnipeg
Can I get a round of applause for making it home sober enough to post?!?!?

Actually, I likely shouldn't be posting.
I might say something nice about Romang.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Calgary letting in 2 goals against in the 3rd period? I don't know if they've faced this kind of adversity this season...

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Just got home. Took a buddy from work to his first Jets game and he had a blast. Scheif, Wheeler and Stafford very dangerous together. I'd really like to see the Jets re-sign Stafford. Like what he adds to the team. Pavs was outstanding and definitely deserved 1st star.

Savagestevo

Nov 29, 2011
NHL.com has updated the standings using the results of every game so far, except ours.

It's like they know people are refreshing so they can see the Jets in a playoff spot again.

ICdave

May 11, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.illegalcurve.com
Jets-bench-March-17-300x200.jpg

Jets audio: Pavelec, Wheeler, Scheifele and Stafford.

To listen click here.

Andy6

Court Jetster
Jun 3, 2011
Toronto, Ontario
NHL.com has updated the standings using the results of every game so far, except ours.

It's like they know people are refreshing so they can see the Jets in a playoff spot again.

It's like they can't bear to see the big-market U.S. team knocked out of a playoff spot by some podunk up in Canada.

mzappa

Jets fans in space
Jun 27, 2011
Just got back from the game.

GOOD TIMES!!!!!! :handclap:

Met some SJ fans who flew out for the game, headed to TO and Montreal now. Good luck with that!

Fun crowd, not as crazy as would be expected for a Tuesday night St.Patricks Day blow-out, but fun regardless.

As for specific hockey comments: Myers and Enstrom, love it. Wheeler was boss. Master Scheif was cooking.

....and hey, Pavs. Who ever doubted YOU?!?!?!?! :handclap::naughty:

Whileee

May 29, 2010
...quick thoughts.

Fun game. Great start. The Jets were really sharp from the drop of the puck.

Felt really good to see our two young centers play such a strong game in the #1 and #2 slot. Scheifele was fantastic tonight and Lowry was a physical force. These young guys look like they have a very good future.

Really liked Stafford's game tonight. He's such a smart player. Solid. Wheeler with another good game. He was really skating.

Ladd with a bit of a quiet game. Frolik was strong in all zones.

Myers was a beast tonight. Not many other great performances on D. Stu was quick and aggressive, as he has to be. Trouba struggled from time to time. Pardy and Harrison had some white-knuckle shifts.

I liked Stempniak again. Tlusty is a smart player and had a decent game. Still leaves me wanting him to show a bit more intensity.

Pavs with a strong game, though he still gives out a lot of juicy rebounds.

Really liked O'Dell's game. He was quick, smart with the puck, really good positionally in his own zone, and was quite physical.

This game is a good illustration why you adjust the Corsi stat for the score.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad